Quest 3 owners etc

Associate
Just picked up a Quest 3 yesterday. Had a cv1, then an S. Really happy with the upgrade and the wireless is great. Battery life could be a lot better. Think I got 2hrs untethered. Using wired this extended to 6hrs. I have a USB c front panel coming tomorrow which I can hook up to a 60w pd USB header, hopefully that will be enough to charge whilst playing.
I bben out the scene a few years. Last purchase was around LA Noire days. What are the popular single player games now? (got Asgarths 2 free)

Soldato
OP
Just picked up a Quest 3 yesterday. Had a cv1, then an S. Really happy with the upgrade and the wireless is great. Battery life could be a lot better. Think I got 2hrs untethered. Using wired this extended to 6hrs. I have a USB c front panel coming tomorrow which I can hook up to a 60w pd USB header, hopefully that will be enough to charge whilst playing.
I bben out the scene a few years. Last purchase was around LA Noire days. What are the popular single player games now? (got Asgarths 2 free)

Put a powerbank on the back with some velcro cable ties or hairbands. The counter weight improves comfort, and it gives longer gaming sessions.

Associate
Put a powerbank on the back with some velcro cable ties or hairbands. The counter weight improves comfort, and it gives longer gaming sessions.
Sounds good, ill look into it. Received my front panel USB and found I can now play and trickle charge at the same time. The USB header is rated for 27/60w. The 60 only available if I connect a 6 pin power. May try later and see if it charges quicker whilst tethered.

Associate
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but isn't the passthrough quality quite a bit better with v64 update (imo). I'm typing this now on my laptop using my Quest 3's mixed reality mode while I have an app running. It's not perfect of course, nowhere in fact, but it's improving and usable I think.

Associate
you can opt in to the public beta test channel on your meta phone app u should get it then, tbh i thought it had rolled out already but maybe not.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I picked up a basic used 128GB Quest 3 at the weekend. I hope to use it for sim racing eventually but I think PCVR will need some time to setup properly (I briefly tried ACC but I wasn't happy with the positioning of the camera etc). I have played with the default experiences to demo the controllers, hand detection etc. and I'm blown away (never tried VR before).

I have had a little motion sickness but I expect short playtimes and building yourself up will help?

What are some must have games/experiences?

Soldato
OP
I picked up a basic used 128GB Quest 3 at the weekend. I hope to use it for sim racing eventually but I think PCVR will need some time to setup properly (I briefly tried ACC but I wasn't happy with the positioning of the camera etc). I have played with the default experiences to demo the controllers, hand detection etc. and I'm blown away (never tried VR before).

I have had a little motion sickness but I expect short playtimes and building yourself up will help?

What are some must have games/experiences?

As soon as you feel sick, you need to stop. You will build up. Try things with teleportation at first. Racing sims will be one of the hardest things, so build up :D.

Walkabout mini golf is amazing in a group, and you happen to have a built in group to this forum, who play every Monday evening (usually minigolf, but it varies), just look in the social gathering thread here.

Asgards Wrath 2 is good, although I've dropped down on my vr playing time, so haven't done much with it recently.

Demeo is a nice table top adventure game. Beat saber is of course a classic, pistol whip is fun too.

Before buying much, mention here and request a referral, it'll save you 25%, and give the referrer £4 free credit.

Reactions: Dup
Soldato
At the start I was feeling sick in flight sim within about 5 seconds. You have to stop as soon as you feel any sort of discomfort, I can play for about 20 minutes now but I have suffered from motion sickness all my life. Having a fan blowing at me helps a bit.

Soldato
Tried the Quest 3 for the first time the other day, the passthrough is so much better. General feel of the headset feels good too, feels lighter imo.

Very smooth experience, i'm considering upgrading from my Quest 2.

Back
Top Bottom