Rebel Moon | Netflix

Soldato

A new universe awaits on Netflix, starting December 22. From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, comes REBEL MOON, an epic science-fantasy event decades in the making.When a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella), a mysterious stranger living among the villagers, becomes their best hope for survival.Tasked with finding trained fighters who will unite with her in making an impossible stand against the Mother World, Kora assembles a small band of warriors — outsiders, insurgents, peasants and orphans of war from different worlds who share a common need for redemption and revenge.As the shadow of an entire Realm bears down on the unlikeliest of moons, a battle over the fate of a galaxy is waged, and in the process, a new army of heroes is formed.

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Looks good..wasn't this originally a rejected Star Wars script? Would have been better than any of the new Kathleen Kennedy disasters.

Soldato
I don't know if it's Snyders choice or he uses the same VFX team or whatever but his films etc always look to high contrast. The effect look to unrealistic.. It worked for the 300 with a graphic novel look, but it's just to harsh for me on anything else. Man of Steel and all other DC stuff he did suffered from it and so does this.. Puts me right off.

Soldato
The trailer left me feeling a bit flat to be honest. I'll probably watch it but please don't let me endure another galaxy spanning empire that is utterly incompetent.

Soldato
Very hard to get excited as the trailer is pretty much the same as every other scifi trailer in the last 10 years. Haven't had netflix for years, but will keep an eye out for reviews when it launches and see if it's worth a look.

Associate
It's trying to be all scifi universes in one series.

It will become unstuck pretty quickly.

To add to the list of other universes mentioned above.
WH40k - bringing planets in to compliance
Halo - the abysmal TV series, backwater colony, chosen special child
Avatar - bonding with the wildlife crap
Foundation - all praise the head honcho

Last edited:
Soldato
I reckon this will be a flop to be honest. Dunno why Snyder still gets a lot of praise as his films have mostly been rubbish since the days of 300 and Watchmen.

Caporegime
I reckon this will be a flop to be honest. Dunno why Snyder still gets a lot of praise as his films have mostly been rubbish since the days of 300 and Watchmen.

If it was any good, it'd be coming to the cinema.

I agree, Synder is pretty awful.

Back
Top Bottom