• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Reliability of in game benchmarking.

Associate
As Im new to pc gaming I hadn't used any in game benchmarking, until yesterday. I downloaded Forza horizon 5 and was met with the option to use its benchmark to see what settings it recommends for my pc.

I went ahead with it and low graphics settings and an 82fps cap was recommended. Ive got a 7800 xt and a 14700k btw. I know the 7800 xt isnt the best gpu on the market but i was surprised at this, my xbox series x could probably do better?

Anyway, I ignored the suggested setting and went ahead and turned all graphics settings including rt up to the max/extreme. I played for a few hours and all good with an average of 160fps.

How could the benchmark have got it so wrong? Are all in game benchmarks this unreliable?

Man of Honour
How could the benchmark have got it so wrong? Are all in game benchmarks this unreliable?
I don't have this game, so in this case I have no idea, but keep in mind that these things often need to be updated to make meaningful recommendations and may not recognise your hardware properly when everything you own was released several years after the game.

Back
Top Bottom