Revitalise this grass (have dog)

Soldato
OP
Progress update

PXL-20240517-105843235.jpg

It looks reasonable from a distance at an angle but look up close and there are still a lot of ungrown patches.

I sowed some more seed a few days ago.

This picture was after a 50mm mow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Progress update

PXL-20240517-105843235.jpg

It looks reasonable from a distance at an angle but look up close and there are still a lot of ungrown patches.

I sowed some more seed a few days ago.

This picture was after a 50mm mow.
In my experience that's the best you'll get it for now, growing a proper thick lawn is a multi-year job. I find they always vastly understate how much seed you need. I bought 10kg seed this year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks great after a few weeks, accidently killed most of the edge of mine when cleaning the path with some overly potent weedkiller and have removed the dovecote which was there when we moved in, so reseeded a big part of my small lawn.

last summer

IQrlc0O.jpeg

earlier this week, opened up the garden so much and brought in a lot more light throughout the day. hopefully have a nice layer in a couple of weeks if not to just stop the dog digging up the mud.

esZM4JU.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I did see some pre-germination ideas yeah, looks like its worth a try. I'd initially dismissed it as the first video I watched on it talking about leaving it for 7 days in the water then having to dry the seed before sowing - looked like a lot of faff and I just wanted to get my seed down.

I'd try it that way if I did it again though.

Back
Top Bottom