Runout sensor and Octoprint

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I've still running my Ender CR-6 on the stock firmware, it's suited me pretty well, simple enough, does what I need.

However as prints got longer and a bit bigger I setup Octoprint on an OrangePi, only to find that the filament runout sensor now doesn't work, which means I'm much less likely to leave a print running to the end of a role, which is slowing me down!

I know you can rewire the runout sensor to the hardware running Octoprint, but I've also started to read that the printer isn't reporting the runout sensor to Octoprint, if that's enabled (somehow!) it resolves the problem. Firmware was mentioned, and being the busy type I am, if I can get the functionality back from a firmware upgrade without messing with wiring I'd probably go down that route.

Anybody here done that?

Edit - Looking like it's time to crack out getting Marlin installed, I've lasted three year so can't complain

Last edited:
Soldato
I would suggest that maybe you need to look at klipper/moonraker rather than Marlin?
Octoprint is amazing and I loved it but after switching it's night and day.
connecting it directly to the pinout on the orangepi is an option, maybe pickup a cheap runout sensor from aliexpress and see if that works with your setup in case it's a hardware issue?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
Can happily say this works wit the CR6SE community firmware with the default hardware. Only caveat is you have to add an octoprint plugin to support it (I'll dig out the name of it if anybody comes across this later, it escapes me now!)

Back
Top Bottom