• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Just joined the 7800X3D club ... will install it and new mobo this weekend. Coming from AM4/5800X3D myself, so not expecting massive gains, but it will make upgrading to Zen 5 in a year or so a fairly simple process.

Last edited:
Associate
Mobo prices and CPU prices have dropped recently making it tempting. I'm holding for late 2024 before upgrading my 5950X.
Yup, prices are good right now ... with some fantastic "flash" sales if you keep an eye out eg. nabbed an MSI X670E Carbon Wifi today for £309 ( normally £429 ) and a 7800X3D for £329.

Associate
Mobo prices and CPU prices have dropped recently making it tempting. I'm holding for late 2024 before upgrading my 5950X.

I wasn't aware AM5 mobo prices had dropped but I did see a new chipset is going to be released with zen 5 and also saw other day that AM5+ is on the way possibly next year, which might explain recent price cuts.

I'm keeping an eye out because I want to upgrade as my AM4 board is 6 years old now

Associate
It could be another year until the 9800X3D is released, and then another 6 months on top of that for the price to come down to a sensible level.
Literally just listening to Redtech and apparently Non 3D variants of Zen 5 coming July and 3D variants at CES in January

Associate
Without going into too much detail, as I'm sure you've explained this multiple times since it came out.
Is it similar to yuri bublys Hydra?.
Or a better, quicker, curve optimizer tool.
Thanks for your help with my Nitro by the way,
Like Dicehunter said, 7900 GPU thread seems quiet these days.

Caporegime
Without going into too much detail, as I'm sure you've explained this multiple times since it came out.
Is it similar to yuri bublys Hydra?.
Or a better, quicker, curve optimizer tool.
Thanks for your help with my Nitro by the way,
Like Dicehunter said, 7900 GPU thread seems quiet these days.
It allows you to change a lot of PBO values and other BIOS options in software, in real time, in Windows without having to restart between changes.

I really only use it for adjusting curve optimiser values on the fly when dialling in stability. It can save you some time restarting and going into the BIOS to apply changes before retesting.

Once you know your settings, you can then enter the BIOS and enter them and never need use the app again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
i just joined the 7800x3d gang, i just have one question is ram speed important or is it like the 5800x3d and it doesn't matter

I have this kit.

The sweetspot for the 7800X3D from what I've read is 6000MHz with CL30.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom