Sack Sven ?

Man of Honour
As Title really due to recent disastorous results in the European Championships and in my View WC

I think it is time for him to go.

I also believe the only reason he is in the job still is due to the presses wholehearted belief in his ability which at the moment in myview is seriously lacking.

The guy is tactically inept and consatcntly picks the worng players for the squads in my view.

what does everyone else think ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I disagree. Regarding last night's game, the result had nothing to do with him, it was down to the abysmal performance of the players. We could have played any tactics out there and been able to beat them convincingly, but on the night not a single person played like that can.

People are jumping on his back after a back result here and there, seemingly forgetting the 5-1 in Munich, actually getting us to the WC when it looked like we might miss out, and some excellent performances throughout.

Associate
Are you joking? I was just saying to my mate yesterday after the match I bet people will be calling for his head already. I think that we need to give him time, he's not had that long in the job, and he's had a bit of bad luck. I would certainly not think of sacking him yet if I were in charge.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont sack him just yet. I think this is just what the players needed, a good kick up the backside.

Hopefully now they might try harder and our 'better' players might be fit :(

Associate
Sven wasnt the problem the other night, why is it England managers get the blame so easily?

Sven has done a lot to sort the english team out and I'm sure he has more help to give

btw imo I dont think England played that badly against Mac, I think we were mainly unlucky, we could have had 3 or 4 in the second half easily

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Davey_Pitch
I disagree. Regarding last night's game, the result had nothing to do with him, it was down to the abysmal performance of the players. We could have played any tactics out there and been able to beat them convincingly, but on the night not a single person played like that can.

People are jumping on his back after a back result here and there, seemingly forgetting the 5-1 in Munich, actually getting us to the WC when it looked like we might miss out, and some excellent performances throughout.

I disagree name an excellent performance other than against denmark ?

we had one good result the 5-1 against germany that is it.

we should have beated slovakia more than 2-1 and we should have hammered macedonia

I would rather lose 1-0 to germany at wembley than draw 2-2 with macedonia at any time last night was a disgracem slovakia was a disgrace, nigeria was a disgrace, we were lucky against argentina

Sven has one more game in my view then he should stay or go depending on the result.

Wales beat Italy

we draw with macedonia

need i say more

was more disgraceful than the scotand - faroe result

was in fact the worst result since england got beat by the united states

Man of Honour
OP
why should we why has the entire opinion changed ?

used to be bad results blame the manager since sven came in it is blame thepayers ?

it is only due to a couple of mistakes by seamen that the blame has been deflected from sven to the players he is in an unenviable position as soon the dime will drop.

Soldato
I think he needs more time & definately wasn't near 100% responsible for the last result. What he needs is for the team to play to the tactics they are given & actually make easy chances count. He has done well in the past, both getting us to, & making it a fair way through the WC & has earnt a good reputation in the past through his league management skills. Give him time :)

Caporegime
Have to say i disagree with that, imho he is the best manager we have had since Hoddle.

If we continue to sack off managers every one / two years we will continue to struggle.

Associate
I was amazed people were even suggesting Sven should go when I first heard it.

He's the best manager we've had for quite a while, totally agree that a lot of our trouble is that we sack our managers too quickly, lets give him chance to work through the bad patch.

Soldato
I dont think he should be sacked, fair enough England have had a few bad results but that happens every time there is a new manager, and as usual people are calling for his head. It happens to every England Manager. Give the man time and I think he could take england far

Man of Honour
OP
why we have trouble scoring ?

answer
Owen and Heskey

neither are worthy of a place anymore in my view

owen is not the player he was and only has one attribute of any adavantage which is pace and that can be dealt with by defences as they know about it.

He cant dribble he doesnt create what does he do ?

Heskey I think I dont need to say anyhting

Soldato
Is it me or does Sven make an ideal italien manager i.e. play boring footy :D But hey if he wins trophies then no one cares everyone thought england were great until they got knocked out of the WC and then suddenly realised what everyone else was saying which was they had actually been quite poor throughout.

Id say give him some time but 1 more bad result and u can bet the papers and fans will be calling for him to go :rolleyes:

s-p

s-p

Associate
Originally posted by memphisto

answer
Owen and Heskey

owen is not the player he was and only has one attribute of any adavantage which is pace and that can be dealt with by defences as they know about it.

But who else is there to play instead of them?

We only had the backup of Smith and Vassell in the squad this week, and both of them are far from being of international class in my opinion. Bring back Shearer. :(

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto

answer
Owen and Heskey

As was said in the paper today, Teddy sheringham should be starting for england, as he is a very intelligent and brilliant player. He cant run very fast (he doesnt really need to) but he makes up for that with his footballing brain.

Bring sheringham into the starting line-up

Soldato
2 things, this is about Sven, not the team, please start a new thread to discuss the team ;) (seriously, we have the space)

Does anyone think Svens reputation has been damaged by out of the game event as much as in game?

Back
Top Bottom