Shed spec. help please

Soldato
A recommendation from me would be https://gardensheduklimited.co.uk/product-category/cottages/

Ignore their cheap sheds unless that's what you want, but their 'cottages' are just decent quality sheds, metal roofs, they put in a breathable membrane so are ready to add panel insulation if you want..
Also they are fully customisable, so windows, doors and even aspect can be tailored.

A colleague bought a 'Kendal Cottage' shed and I was impressed by the build quality...

The shed interiors show some good sturdy construction and membrane:
SktRNf9.jpg

OK, so they start at £960 for the Kendal cottage but you can insulate it and they come with a 25 year rot guarantee.

I built my own 5m x 2.5m man shed during covid, fully insulated, and clad in log lap.. it took me a month and a lot of effort, but was only £2k in materials including the EPDM roof and insulation at those crazy covid prices, but I need another small shed for the garden and will probably save the time/effort and get one from the above place.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm currently designing my shed. It's in metric but approx 7'x12'.

Estimated costs are approx £1100. That's using 4x2 timber, OSB3, breathable membrane, cladding, and felt roof. It's about as cheap as I can make it without it being too flimsy

Associate
I think it pays to go with somthing solid in wood, nothing flimsy. This is my dad's shed from about 15 years ago (it has had many coats of paint since then!). I think at the time it cost around £1,500. Can't complain with that, it is like £100 / year. :) Guttering and drain pipes missing from the pic.

Shed1.jpg
I like this one, very nice

Back
Top Bottom