Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Is that all it takes up ? Nice! Might have to see if I can squeeze something like that in here :cool:

There's always room for a rig somewhere :D Mine should be arriving in the next few days. Can't wait! Desk mounted wheel is ok but far from ideal. Looking forward to a proper driving position where the chair and pedals can't move.

Soldato
I've ordered 2x QR2 from alliexpress for my podium DD, as well as the type m for the base from the bay. However I have the V1 universal hub so have to buy and fit an adaptor to then fit the Qr2. But I am seeing if I can find a hub v2 or porsche wheel "on the cheap"

Soldato
Really happy with my fanatec setup, DD+ base is excellent, no issues I've noticed whatsoever considering the bad press they've got lately. I'm way more impressed than I was with my Logitech DD Pro wheel, having an F1 style wheel is a game changer for me. Love the subtle rumble in the V3 pedals as well, really adds to the immersion. Need to grab a handbrake and shifter now for some WRC. Does anyone recommend a good handbrake mount? My Trak Racer rig came with a shifter mount so that's sorted!

Soldato
I’ve been following Suellio Almeida’s content for improving my driving. So far it’s helping a lot. I am way more in control and starting to play with the dynamics of the car to get it to turn a lot more. I still bin the car every so often which sets me back loads but I feel the improvement every time.

On the kit. I’m surprised that I’m loving it so much, it’s more than I expected. I spent a couple of hours yesterday driving the same car around Brands Hatch over and over practising the things I’m learning.

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG-6702.jpg
IMG-6707.jpg
IMG-6703.jpg

Made some good progress today, just need to get it setup and do some testing. :D
IMG-6702.jpg
IMG-6707.jpg
IMG-6703.jpg

Made some good progress today, just need to get it setup and do some testing. :D
Not jealous at all :) Very nice rig there bud. Tempted to pick me up a Gran Turismo DD bundle once again...

Is there a big difference between 5 and 8nm?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep I saw the new wheel but I dont want to go for the DD+ as I think it would be overkill for me. But Im curious if the 5nm and 8nm are that much different considering the price of the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom