Super Flower Leadex PSUs - what happened?

Associate
Anyone know what happened to super flower leadex psu's as I can't seem to get hold of one?!
I'm looking for a 850w or 1kw psu.

Thanks.

Soldato
They were 100 last time I checked but now gone up to 125ish.

Tbh it seems steep given what the unit is, Corsair used to outsource to CWT for it's entire RM series (RM/RMX/RME) last I checked but I think they've changed to a different OEM for the RME.

It's the cheaper end of the RM line, so probably a worse fan and caps. It also has a 7 year warranty vs 10 for the likes of the RMX or Shift.

It should be absolutely fine, but if I was spending £125 on a PSU I'd not want it to be a lower tier unit for the range. You can pick up a 850W Shift for around the £120-130 mark, assuming your case can handle the side loaded PSU connectors.

Alternatively the MSI MPG A850G can be had for £110, which while not the best should be on a similar level to the RMe, I think CWT might be the OEM for it too but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tbh it seems steep given what the unit is, Corsair used to outsource to CWT for it's entire RM series (RM/RMX/RME) last I checked but I think they've changed to a different OEM for the RME.

It's the cheaper end of the RM line, so probably a worse fan and caps. It also has a 7 year warranty vs 10 for the likes of the RMX or Shift.

It should be absolutely fine, but if I was spending £125 on a PSU I'd not want it to be a lower tier unit for the range. You can pick up a 850W Shift for around the £120-130 mark, assuming your case can handle the side loaded PSU connectors.

Alternatively the MSI MPG A850G can be had for £110, which while not the best should be on a similar level to the RMe, I think CWT might be the OEM for it too but don't quote me on that.
Thanks.
Its a small case so the shift side ports not suitable. I wish corsair did it normally.
The corsair e seems like something to avoid?
The a850g only has 5 year warranty.

Any other suggestions?
Its for a 2nd rig. May go 1kw.
Needs to be atx3.

Soldato
I wouldn't say it's to be avoided, I just feel it's expensive at £125 given where it sits on the chain. It's still a quality PSU, I'd have no concerns over running one.

Man of Honour
From reading around there seems to be a high failure rate on these new RMe units plus they can suffer badly from coil whine. It seems that HEC is the OEM for these PSU's and that alone would be enough to put me off buying one. It's also only rated at 40 degrees C instead of 50 degrees C so I would advise to avoid these units and look at something else because at £125 they are not cheap.

It looks like Corsair have skimped again like they did with the follow up to the original CX series (Corsair's first ever PSU) which was a quality PSU built by Seasonic. Once they got established they replaced it with a new version built on a much cheaper platform by CWT and they were garbage. Sadly it looks like they are doing it again while keeping the price high, again!!

Associate
OP
i have the 1200m watt one has been rock four about 5 years soon the be replaced with a nzxt 1200 watt.
I was about to get that nzxt one too but can't believe its only got 8 sata connectors for a 1200w psu which is putting me off.

I'm still looking, if the rmx1200 shift had normal placed connectors I would be got that but need an alternative.

Back
Top Bottom