The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Lot of things going on this season, 18 shows in my list to watch/try, with 8 of them being series continuations. No particular order below.

Continuations:
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
  • Konosuba
  • Mushoku Tensei
  • My Hero Academia
  • Sound! Euphonium
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
  • Demon Slayer
New/Try:
  • As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I’ll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World
  • Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers
  • Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
  • I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability
  • Kaiju No.8
  • Mysterious Disappearances
  • Re:Monster
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Train to the End of the World
  • Viral Hit
Was anyone else a little disappointed with the Spice and Wolf ep? some ropey CGI and direction, and Holo sounds like the Geisha in Rise of the Ronin I played recently, essentially she talks like a courtesan, very archaic language type with words like "arinsu".

I miss the original OP as well. This was a real classic to me!

Re:Monster is probably the ropiest thing I've seen ep1 of so far though, the animation quality is very mid and they seem to use filters for the background art. I am not sure if I will keep on with this one, we'll see.

Level 2 cheat powers one was suprisingly good for an ep1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Was anyone else a little disappointed with the Spice and Wolf ep? some ropey CGI and direction, and Holo sounds like the Geisha in Rise of the Ronin I played recently, essentially she talks like a courtesan, very archaic language type with words like "arinsu".

I miss the original OP as well. This was a real classic to me!
Its the same VA as the oriignal. She is a bit lofty at the start as a character but that changes. I didnt really notice any ropey CGI so im interested as to which bits looked off?

Last edited:
Soldato
Its the same VA as the oriignal. She is a bit lofty at the start as a character but that changes. I didnt really notice any ropey CGI so im interested as to which bits looked off?

The wheat field/villager sections in general in 1st half, quite a lot of the people are in CGI mode.

I was never the greatest fan of the original though to be honest, not seen it in a while so hard to really compare them, but it's no Frieren for animation quality for example.

For voice I probably heard the eng dub originally as was a noob back then, and I know more about the types of voices and words the different character types use these days to notice this kind of thing.

Soldato
@HungryHippos the first episode The Fable is out. Very funny and is going to be a hit!!!

Sleeping on it for now may check out later in the season, couple of others like this as well on my radar, but I have 18 shows already to try so I want to see if this gets culled any in the first couple of episodes.

Too much comedy focus doesn't typically work for me as well btw so if it's trying to be too funny I'll skip it usually, some exceptions here. Looks like the same studio who did Under Ninja art style wise.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
well I've booked my first anime movie to watch in the cinema, would have like to have it been Gundam Seed Freedom movie but it wasn't showing anywhere near me, so I book Spy X Family: Code White.

Defo need to watch at least one movie on the big screen its x 10 better than at home imo. Unless you have your own homemade cinema with projector.

Last edited:
Soldato
How are you supposed to watch awesome old animes when there are such stacked seasons like this spring...

So far Kaiju No. 8 is a stand out for me after just one episode. It seems like a very interesting show so far. Also looking forward to Demon Slayer as well.

Spice and wolf I am not sure whether to watch, or continue where I left the original. I kinda like the old character design of Holo more.

I think I might drop Mushoku Tensei as its shifted wildly from what drew me to it in the first place. There is just so many old shows I need to watch and new interesting shows, that I am not sure if I can put myself through another 12 episodes of slow burn romance.

Soldato
I started Demon Slayer. I’m nearing end of first arc. It’s been good thus far

Me and Partner watched Spirited Away couple nights ago which we both enjoyed

Back
Top Bottom