The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Ninja Gaiden 2 (warrior difficulty) on Xenia emulator (4k 60fps goodness). The game is all about turning it up to 11, so I'll give it 11/10. Aged like wine, combat is still among the very-very best out there. An all-time classic imo, and it's not nostalgia - I've never ever played it before.

Soldato
Witcher 3 - again!

3rd play through. For me, this is their better game vs Cyberpunk. The quests, characters, storyline - everything about it is superior. Cyberpunk is an incredible feat of graphical engineering and world building, but Witcher is the better game to play.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Dead Island 2 - My son has nagged me to play this since he finished it. 6/10 from me.

Always fun smashing up zombies but the story was instantly forgettable IMO.

Completed then uninstalled within 2 mins. Lots of outstanding side missions but no incentive to make the effort and finish it off.

Soldato
Hades - 10/10

Absolutely fantastic. Haven't been able to put it down for days. And just now I managed to get 100% completion on Steam. But I daresay I will keep playing to see how many more renovations I can unlock before I get bored.

Guessing you unlocked all weapons? And don't forget hades 2 is on early release!

Associate
Dying Light 1 - 9/10

I have always dismissed Dying Light as I thought it was a horror game and I really don't like playing those. It came up for sale for about £2.50 and it has tons of positive reviews so I gave it a chance and I am so glad I did.

The funny thing with Dying Light is that you can bypass nearly all of the scary horror sections of the game, bar a couple of missions, by simply sleeping through the night at a safe house. This was a really smart design choice by Techland to allow wimps like me to skip most of the scary stuff but still enjoy the really well made game.

The parkour is the star of the show here. It is implemented really well and makes it easy to jump from rooftop to rooftop away from zombies. The combat is kind of a mixed bag in my opinion. There is a heavy focus on melee combat which I didn't really enjoy much. However you do eventually gain access to guns and a bow as well as grenades and Molotov's. Once I had access to projectile weapons I didn't really bother with the melee stuff and enjoyed the game more.

The graphics are very good. I remember seeing the game running on an AMD 290X GPU when it first came out and now I can play the game with nearly maxed out settings at a near rock solid 60fps on a Steam Deck!

Really excellent game.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
What Remains of Edith Finch 8/10

Another experience that's unique, like senua and a few others, that kick you right in the feels and overlap it with ingenious game design. So many different micro genres of games all wrapped together.
Very short but appropriately so, couple of hours and you're done. Add a few Friday night drinks to really help the game tickle your softer side

Loses points only because
a couple of times it felt like you were on rails but had missed an optional route, when in the end you actually hadn't. Plus the fam tree not getting resolved at the same rate you progressed through the house. Seems to have missed a trick there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Callisto Protocol
0/10
I bought it on release and refunded it because it was a stutter fest.
Thought I’d try again as it’s £5 on keys sites, but now keeps black screening and freezes my PC no matter the settings.
Utter garbage and zero chance of being able to complete it.

Soldato
Thanks to the good folks at Reddit I managed to get a little further by turning off Vsync and changing the FPS to unlimited, but..
some parts of the game require it to be turned on and the FPS to be at 60 so certain objects can be moved or certain things can be moved passed :mad:
When did it become the norm to have to search out the solutions to rectify the devs crappy coding?
It never used to be like this :(

Back
Top Bottom