Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Soldato
Not sure where to put this but some of you on here probably remember me complaining about the iPad M2 Pro overheating in Adobe Lightroom and dimming the screen to unusable levels. It appears after 18 months of complaining, Adobe have finally fixed the issue with 9.3. which updated via the app store today.

Another reason to not get the M4 :p

Man of Honour
Purchased this case for my 13" iPad Air....Yep, its a iPad Pro case with incorrect sized speaker cut outs so just like the Moko case. The speaker grilles are partially covered as a result so I am returning this too. Absolute f'ing joke that no proper case exists yet.
Get the Apple Smart Folio? That linked case from Amazon is ugly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get the Apple Smart Folio? That linked case from Amazon is ugly.
Its very pricey mate @ £99 with no edge protection.

Normally cheapo amazon third party cases do the job for a fraction of the price. It's just finding one at this early stage is hard as companies are recycling old cases without realising the speaker grilles on the new ipads are larger @ 30mm so the old cases obscure the speakers.

Soldato
I've caved like the man child that I am wanting new and shiny. My only excuse is that I like to use the iPad with the ASD quite often, and my 2018 Pro simply doesn't fill the screen with its old mirror display. Six years is good innings.

Associate
I've caved like the man child that I am wanting new and shiny. My only excuse is that I like to use the iPad with the ASD quite often, and my 2018 Pro simply doesn't fill the screen with its old mirror display. Six years is good innings.
Me too brought my wife and iPad Pro and she convinced me to get one too. But then wanted the keyboard and pencil. God an expensive month but in fairness the new display does seem to be worth it. Here’s to IOS 18 and hopefully new thing for the IPad.

Associate
Purchased this case for my 13" iPad Air....Yep, its a iPad Pro case with incorrect sized speaker cut outs so just like the Moko case. The speaker grilles are partially covered as a result so I am returning this too. Absolute f'ing joke that no proper case exists yet.

I am looking for a case like that but is compatiable with the magic keybaord although seeing how snug when the magic keyboard is closed I don;t think it it likely their will be a one for me.

Also someone here said they were using the Logi combo touch. I was wondering who it was and how they are getting on with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean this thing is fast and the additional features over the older pros is nice however… outside of about 3% of what I use my iPad for I can categorically confirm that it has made zero difference to my life over even an A12Z version of the 11”. The display is nice but that quickly fades away when you use it as you just adapt and adapt back should you make a switch back. Yes you notice but I rarely find myself caring.

Apple best update the software some more or iPads are going to fall in to the category of expensive artist tablet with very little use outside of that for pro especially.

Soldato
Coming from the 2018 Pro, I was wondering how obvious an upgrade it was going to be, but wow the screen and the weight of this thing has absolutely blown me away. I went from the 11” to the 13” but it’s nowhere near as heavy.

Soldato
OP
I have just received my iPad Pro 13". It really is crazy how light and thin this device is. How well do the blacks blend into the bezel on your devices? Maybe I am nitpicking but I swear they aren’t as good as the blacks on my previous M1 iPad Pro and certainly not to the same level as the blacks on my iPhone 14 Pro.

Last edited:
Associate
I have just received my iPad Pro 13". It really is crazy how light and thin this device is. How well do the blacks blend into the bezel on your devices? Maybe I am nitpicking but I swear they aren’t as good as the blacks on my previous M1 iPad Pro and nothing like the blacks on the iPhone 14 Pro.

I have had the M1 and I find the M4 just as good if not better at the blacks blending into the bezel.

I am not saying yours is your faulty or that you have bad eyesight. But I literally put my face up to the IPad and could not see where the Bezel and a full black screen began.

Soldato
OP
I have had the M1 and I find the M4 just as good if not better at the blacks blending into the bezel.

I am not saying yours is your faulty or that you have bad eyesight. But I literally put my face up to the IPad and could not see where the Bezel and a full black screen began.

Wow, really? That’s hugely disappointing because that’s nothing like my iPad. There is a very clear separation between the bezel and blacks being displayed on the screen.

Associate
Wow, really? That’s hugely disappointing because that’s nothing like my iPad. There is a very clear separation between the bezel and blacks being displayed on the screen.
Can you post a pic of it.

I mean I have heard of the grain issues and I am wondering if there is a panel variance. I wonder if it like LG/Samsung panel scenario depending on who made it there was a variance although I do not know who made the tandem Oleds. My thinking is only LG or Samsung have the experience and expertise to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just received my iPad Pro 13". It really is crazy how light and thin this device is. How well do the blacks blend into the bezel on your devices? Maybe I am nitpicking but I swear they aren’t as good as the blacks on my previous M1 iPad Pro and certainly not to the same level as the blacks on my iPhone 14 Pro.
Standard or nano?

Soldato
OP
I am going to conclude myself that I was nitpicking. Now it has gotten darker, the blacks blend into the bezels much better. I think maybe I was being deceived by the reflective coating. I was being silly, as usual. :o The colours are truly stunning and wow, it is so light to hold. Amazing!!! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
As for 'selling them' they're not doing a great job. Their sales growth rates in the iPad division have been falling for the last few quarters. In the latest quarter revenues from iPads were the lowest since 2020.

Am guessing ipad sales dropping over the years is also down to a lot of people are owning larger iphones these days.
Many people i speak too say they no need an ipad or tablet as they find the screen on their iphone pro max or other mobile phone is large enough for them.

But on the flip side i also seem to know more people that do have an ipads or tablet these days

Last edited:
Associate
Am guessing ipad sales dropping over the years is also down to a lot of people are owning larger iphones these days.
Many people i speak too say they no need an ipad or tablet as they find the screen on their iphone pro max or other mobile phone is large enough for them.

But on the flip side i also seem to know more people that do have an ipads or tablet these days
This makes a load of sense and considering how long the iPad has been out I would suspect most households have one or two by now.

I would hazard a guess I don’t think I actually anyone who doesn’t have an IPad. All the people I can think of, off the top of my head has some sort of tablet whether it is Apple or an Android based device.

The only android device I feel that could sway me is the Samsung Tab ultra. The tablet itself specs and size and what I feel Samsung Dex is superior in some ways to over IpadOS. It has been legit for years but seeming as their is small uptake on Android tablets compared to Apple renders it pretty much moot.

Associate
Got a M4 11 Pro inch incoming soon, currently using a M2 11 Pro inch. I know I’m bonkers but I recently sold my 4th Gen Air which pretty much do all that I want with an iPad which is cosume media. The main thing I’m looking forward to is the OLED screen and the repositioned FaceID camera. Anyone recommend a starter case to go with my M4? Seems that there is not many about at the moment.

Soldato
Had a play with one of these today. Looks stunning but eye strain and headache within about 10 mins. Tbh I found it worse than the micro LED ones….

Really wish Apple would start caring about our eyes and use decent non PWM and Dithering screens but hey it’s Apple.

Back
Top Bottom