*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Are the fights earlier in the night worth watching? I didn't even know there was boxing tonight until I saw Marku/Kongo fight from round 3 onwards.

Last edited:
Associate
Clarke seems to lack power for some bizarre reason.

You get the feeling that with Wardley, he's lacking a bit (lot) of a stamina and some finesse but those are things you can develop easier than what Clarke is lacking.
Yeah, you can sort of see that Wardley could potentially go a little bit further if he develops. He lacks the big backlog of experience that most fighters around the levels that he's approaching will have, but it's the old 'It's hard to beat a man who never gives up'.

Clarke I almost feel like we've seen what he's has to offer already? And it hasn't been enough so far. The pundits say he's developing and has time to improve, but realistically how much better is he going to get at this point given his age and experience.

Soldato
Looking at Clarke's record and he only has 9 pro fights so I guess he might actually improve but I'm just not sure how he will. Last night's performance wasn't great from him, it was for the first couple of rounds but after that I thought it was Wardley doing enough to justify the win.

Will definitely watch it again - can't say I've said that about many British fights in recent times.

Soldato
Enjoyed that. Got the feeling if Clarke had handled the fifth round onslaught a bit better and hadn't been rattled so early he'd have fought a bit better late on when Wardley was more tired. Having said that, Wardley's cut was probably making it harder for him so who knows. Seemed very even overall and both fought well, entertaining fight and draw was deserved. The 115-112 score was definitely sketchy though.

Earlier fights were a bit flat for me although Kongo vs Marku was alright. Don't like that Whittaker guy though.

Associate
All in all enjoyed this weekends fights,

Pitbull vs Rolly
Tszyu vs Fundora
Clarke vs Wardley

All entertaining, last nights Clarke vs Wardley had both running on empty last couple of rounds and just fighting on heart, willpower - props to both guys

Soldato
Bivol V Beterbiev is the main event and the undercard is Wilder V Zhang and Dubois V Hrgovic amongst others. That's a proper night of boxing right there!

Even I might shell out the PPV moolah for this one.

Soldato
Only one can box and the other has horrendous stamina issues. Zhang will be deadly first half and the 2nd half depends on if Wilder remembers how to punch or not.

Yeah Zhang seems like a very dangerous opponent for someone like Wilder - he's big heavy and comes forward, it reminds me of Wilder v Ortiz, where Wilder only just managed to get himself out of there with KO, up until that point he got very badly roughed up.

Back
Top Bottom