*** The Official iOS 17 Thread ***

Associate

this year we are not sure if Apple will release beta IPSW files because they have dropped beta profile files.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't have a paid developer account and I can see the beta..

4dFhJgd.jpg

Not sure I'm brave enough though!

Associate
Overall iOS 17 seems to be running pretty smooth, all my apps that I've tried so far are working fine. Two major bugs I've come across so far is if you enable crossfade on the iPhone under general, music it will cause the music settings to crash every time, music app itself is fine. Reboots won't fix this, will just have to wait for Apple to hopefully patch this one on the next update.

The other bug is on the Apple Watch (ultra for me), they've redesigned the home app on the watch, but the climate section where the temperatures/humidity should be is buggy in this first beta. Just shows a blank page. Everything else on that app otherwise works fine.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I don’t have a developer account but had the iOS 16 developer profile installed. I’ve just checked and the iOS 17 beta update is now showing as an option in settings->general->software update->beta updates.

Soldato
Same - I only have the public beta profile installed. I’m going to try out iPadOS 17 but will leave everything else alone.

Associate
iOS 17 B1 was rock solid as a daily driver and all the apps that I used worked fine. Only bug that bothered me was the crossfade one which everyone seem to have, now that's fixed in B2 I have no issues so far. Hopefully B2 is just as good.

Ultra watch on B1 was also rock solid and battery life for me was fine. Only major bug that I personally had was the temperature and humidity sensors page on the watch home app was blank and annoying that's still bugged in B2. No issues with them showing on the iPhone home app, just the watch one.

iOS 17 B2 has also fixed a bug I had with Discord where the built in Discord emoji/gif/stiker keyboard would disappear after pressing on it the second time, so glad that one was fixed.

Back
Top Bottom