*** The Official macOS Sonoma thread ***

Commissario
OP
Both MBA and MSU done.

Ch6fpeY.png

EHA1KEc.png

Soldato
Yeah that is irritating.

I installed it on my M1 Air about 4 days ago and thought my battery life wasn’t as good as it used to be. Using it today, just using Edge, it dropped about 30% in an hour of use. That’s definitely not right and I would’ve thought indexing etc would be long sorted out by now.

Not great, but then it is still beta. Just wouldn’t expect things like this when it’s so close to release so it’ll be interesting to see if I’m on my own with this one.

Commissario
OP
I’ve not used my MBA on battery yet, will do so on Monday to see how it goes.

One thing I have noticed is how quickly it boots. It’s knocked over ten seconds off the boot time on my Studio.

Commissario
OP
Also, bluetooth kicks in quicker after a cold start. Previously, I had to hit a key on the keyboard and wait a few seconds for it start working so I could enter my password. Now it’s instant.

Soldato
Also, bluetooth kicks in quicker after a cold start. Previously, I had to hit a key on the keyboard and wait a few seconds for it start working so I could enter my password. Now it’s instant.
I have that on Ventura and my MX Keys keyboard. Glad to see I don’t have to go through the head banging mashing the first letter of my password anymore!

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I chose not to use that, I don't like fancy wallpapers, mine is just a gray textured background. Is it possible to have the login screen show that scrrensave but not have it for the wallpaper as well?

Soldato
This is the update I'm looking forward to the most. I have an idea for an iOS app and since iOS 17 has just come out I want to support it from the start. Problem is the version of Xcode that supports iOS 17 comes with Sonoma so I have to wait until then to start.

Man of Honour
I installed the RC earlier this morning, really like the screen saver and dynamic wallpaper, plus clicking on the desktop anywhere brings it fully into focus which is nice. I can uninstall Aerial screen saver now with the update.

Everything seems to be working as before and apart from the above I haven't noticed a huge amount of difference, more like spit and polish over Ventura.

Back
Top Bottom