The PlayStation Ports thread

Associate
Great news. Such a good game - although I paused my PS4 playthrough until the PS5 came out as it was much better playing at 60fps compared to 30fps. It'll be even better on PC!

Associate
They got me with the double dip. I must've played most of these ports on PS4 then again on PC years later.
Does dual sense work wirelessly on PC now with support for the adaptive triggers or is it still wired only?
Still wired only afaik, pretty sure it won't change. Like the dual shock 4 only officially does rumble when wired.

Associate
Does dual sense work wirelessly on PC now with support for the adaptive triggers or is it still wired only?
Yeah, it does on some games. It seems to vary from game to game, Ratchet & Clank it worked fine wirelessly with adaptive trigers and haptics, but Returnal I had to use wired.
I tend to use this resource to find out what features are supported and whether it needs to be wired or wireless (https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/C..._adaptive_trigger_and_haptic_feedback_support)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah that's good to know cheers. Will certainly keep an eye on what games come out with adaptive trigger support, I think for me to get one the main game will have to be Last of Us Part 2 'D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
7wkYAqn.png

My fancies have been tickled.

Ragnarok
GT7
LOU Pt2
:cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Imagine if Sony, Nintendo and MS just did PC games. Hell right now we can emulate consoles like the Switch to render and run Switch games better than on the switch, at 4K, at 60fps, with superior image quality among other things. Seems a no brainer really, although given emulation exists, maybe just leave emulator devs alone as they are doing a great job lol.

Soldato
Imagine if Sony, Nintendo and MS just did PC games. Hell right now we can emulate consoles like the Switch to render and run Switch games better than on the switch, at 4K, at 60fps, with superior image quality among other things. Seems a no brainer really, although given emulation exists, maybe just leave emulator devs alone as they are doing a great job lol.

Yeah it's such a waste, Nintendo make me angry especially because they make some of the best games and do them a disservice with the hardware. Like you, TOTK at high Res and not unstable 30fps is transformative.
30 FPS should not exist at this point, is ridiculous. But you'll always get some copium about "it's ok, you get used to it, I can't tell the difference"
Id get used to losing an arm too, doesn't mean I'm having a good time though.
Choosing between potato visuals and 60fps and less potato visuals at 30fps is lame. See FFVII Rebirth thread as an example.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I know some say that on a TV and on a console using a gamepad that 30fps doesn't really matter, but if you're used to playing PVC games at 100fps+ on a high refresh rate OLED display with a 1000Hz mouse etc etc then the difference is night and day, and then we have the cleaner rendering with little to no jaggies or AF sharpness issues you get on consoles on closer scrutiny of the output image.

We have a Switch in the home, but now that I've discovered Switch emulation, there's fat chance I'll be spending gaming time on that when titles like Zelda run and look so good on an emulator.

Back
Top Bottom