The rise of OnlyFans

Soldato
Is it just me or is this becoming scarily ubiquitous now?

I always thought this was just for camgirls and the like but I've spoken to 2 women in my local area who say they do it, one of whom has a boyfriend and he doesn't see any problem with it. :eek:

I personally think this is a deal-breaker for dating but apparently I'm an old-fashioned prude according to some I've spoken to. I've done some "research" - ahem - even looking at some of the what I'd consider "wholesome" content makers on YouTube - I'm surprised to see they have OF as well even if it's kept reasonably quiet.

I've also seen some very sad posts online. One example that I can't seem to track down again now said that people would get free access to her OF for donations towards a GoFundMe for some medical expenses or something similar. This was a woman in her fifties from memory.

Is this a symptom of moral decay in society or is it just a result of desperation in some cases? Opinions please as I'd like to know if I'm full-on fuddy-duddy and not understanding the modern world.

PS: NO - I do not subscribe to any OF and I suggest you sort yourself out if you do.
Google OF leaks or content on reddit instead you fools!. ;)

Caporegime
I personally think this is a deal-breaker for dating but apparently I'm an old-fashioned prude according to some I've spoken to. I've done some "research" - ahem - even looking at some of the what I'd consider "wholesome" content makers on YouTube - I'm surprised to see they have OF as well even if it's kept reasonably quiet.

I think that maybe depends on the type of content they produce. I just saw a post on Facebook earlier today by LadBible (IIRC) about this topic re: an established adult actress:

tl;dr of it was that she stopped doing scenes with other men

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sex sells. It's times oldest profession.
Yeah but the odd thing is that unlike a discreet tumble in the sack in a hotel room, content is now out there forever. Control over it is an illusion as it's always leaked elsewhere.

Being at school and seeing someone's mum's bits is going to be a recipe for bullying, no? A bit beyond, "your mum's a <lady of the night>" insults when you have actual pictures. :D

Don't get me wrong, if you can make good money from the hustle then I respect that, but it's a tiny percentage of people who do that. I'm just a bit surprised at how so many normies are doing it now and the negatives have surely got to massively outweigh the benefits. Not sure people are thinking it through.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah but the odd thing is that unlike a discreet tumble in the sack in a hotel room, content is now out there forever. Control over it is an illusion as it's always leaked elsewhere.

Being at school and seeing someone's mum's bits is going to be a recipe for bullying, no? A bit beyond, "your mum's a <lady of the night>" insults when you have actual pictures. :D

Don't get me wrong, if you can make good money from the hustle then I respect that, but it's a tiny percentage of people who do that. I'm just a bit surprised at how so many normies are doing it now and the negatives have surely got to massively outweigh the benefits. Not sure people are thinking it through.

Because

1 - They don’t think anything of it.
2 - It’s not personal face to face, it’s to their phone and it’s from the privacy of their own home.
3 - it’s behind a paywall so they don’t think it’s as open as the regular internet ( but it is all the same )
4 - some hope nobody will spot them.

These days, for those who can do it, easy way to make some extra few quid, or if you are really popular, get rich quick.

Man of Honour
Girl I used to hang out with, we lived on the same street as kids, was in the top like 0.1% of OF creators at one point or something - not making as much as she was as the market is probably a bit more saturated but she was making crazy money at one point.

Lad at work has been quite seriously talking about starting a OF to pay his way through uni, he has the looks and build to probably make decent money on it to be fair.

even looking at some of the what I'd consider "wholesome" content makers on YouTube - I'm surprised to see they have OF as well even if it's kept reasonably quiet.

I've noticed that lately - quite surprising in some cases.

one of whom has a boyfriend and he doesn't see any problem with it. :eek:

Can't say I'd be cool with it or understand anyone being OK with it in any committed relationship if it was at all explicit, though personally wouldn't bother me if it was non-explicit to an extent to be fair.

Soldato
What stops people from just downloading some webcams off the internet and then uploading them to an OF website and claiming it them and getting money for it ?

Last edited:
Soldato
What stops people from just downloading some webcams off the internet and then uploading them to an OF website and claiming it them and getting money for it ?
I’m absolutely not an expert on these things… Ahem. But I think OnlyFans has a pretty strict policy around that sort of stuff and people get banned rather quickly.

Caporegime
What some will do is hire people who answers their messages for them. They have a bank of pre-recorded video messages for people who donate for videos. These people can be anyone, and apparently men makes the best “responders” to get other people to tip more.

There are even companies who do these things and the creator can be online 24/7.

Last edited:
Caporegime

One young lady did address this exact dilemma on esteemed journalist Piers Morgn's show:

I'd be surprised if that wasn't going on and probably quite a bit of AI/deepfake, etc. stuff as well these days.

100%

Boomers on Facebook are continually falling for all sorts of AI landscapes, architecture etc.. "photos". Wouldn't be surprised at all if some people were falling for AI models, especially the "show bobs pls" Indian guys!

Soldato
Boomers on Facebook are continually falling for all sorts of AI landscapes, architecture etc.. "photos". Wouldn't be surprised at all if some people were falling for AI models, especially the "show bobs pls" Indian guys!

It’s absolutely happening; and seemingly quite lucrative if some of the darker parts of the web are to be believed.

The interesting thing is that from what I’ve seen, plenty of the more successful ones have been pretty open about the fact that their content is AI generated. Presumably because it helps prevent them being shut down perhaps?

Regardless, there seems to be a bit of a trend in blackhat marketing hangouts encouraging people to create fairly mundane SFW accounts on Instagram and elsewhere, in order to lure guys in to paying for very NSFW content on Patreon, Telegram and elsewhere.

It’s a bit on the grim side as far as I’m concerned, but pixels are pixels I suppose.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The interesting thing is that from what I’ve seen, plenty of the more successful ones have been pretty open about the fact that their content is AI generated. Presumably because it helps prevent them being shut down perhaps?

Almost certainly that.

Regardless, there seems to be a bit of a trend in blackhat marketing hangouts encouraging people to create fairly mundane SFW accounts on Instagram and elsewhere, in order to lure guys in to paying for very NSFW content on Patreon, Telegram and elsewhere.

One of the creators of a photo AI app posted that essentially one use of his app is to create multiple unique photos in different settings of a real OF model

Those AI modified photos of the real girl are then used for tinder profiles, this way they can have multiple Tinder profiles using unique photos and a link to Instagram and that's the start of the sales funnel to OF from some website link on their insta.

Back
Top Bottom