"This PC cant run windows 11" i7 8700k

Soldato
I have a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi, i have just swapped the i5 8500 to an i7 8700k and changed the SSD to an M.2 ive just tried to install windows 11 and it says it cant run windows 11 in the setup. I have checked the BIOS and TPM is enabled. Is there anything else thats missing.

The system was running windows 11 before i swapped the CPU

Soldato
i dont know whats going on now, its freezing solid in random places. ive tried installing on the M.2 and a SATA SSD and it just locks up. would a faulty M.2 cause a lock, even im not booting from it?, i will try removing 1 ram stick as well. or reseating
Whats system spec? Is ram running at default speeds? Did memtest?

Man of Honour
flashed the BIOS to latest version and working fine, booted straight into windows on old SATA drive. now installed on M.2...should have been find with old bios as 8500 and 8700k are the same gen :confused:

I don't know much about the 8000 series but microcode updates can be a staggered rollout even on the same generation, though the 8500 was a later release so in theory shouldn't be that.

Soldato
flashed the BIOS to latest version and working fine, booted straight into windows on old SATA drive. now installed on M.2...should have been find with old bios as 8500 and 8700k are the same gen :confused:
Was gonna sugest a bios update but seeing as your CPU was supported from first release, i thought it may be something else.

Anyways, glad you got it working.

Back
Top Bottom