Total War: Warhammer 3

Soldato
Trailer posted on epic games YouTube I hope it's not an egs exclusive.

Edit: nevermind you can already buy it on steam. Max hype!

Associate
Yeah, am excited for this too. TW games and Football Manager are pretty much all I play on PC regularly.

But, £50 for the game? Is it me or is that really steep? Don't remember paying that for 1&2. Might have to wait for a few months for it, just seems an awful lot to me.

Soldato
psj55dm9h6f61.jpg

Looking forward to more details! :)

Man of Honour
Yeah, am excited for this too. TW games and Football Manager are pretty much all I play on PC regularly.

But, £50 for the game? Is it me or is that really steep? Don't remember paying that for 1&2. Might have to wait for a few months for it, just seems an awful lot to me.

There seems to have been a definite move in recent times to a "standard" 49.99 pricepoint for games

Soldato

They always been £49.99 at release, I have only just picked up 1&2 cause of this with DLC's cause I wasn't paying that tbh. I mean TW:W2 is still £39.99 now 3.5 years later.

Soldato
There seems to have been a definite move in recent times to a "standard" 49.99 pricepoint for games

If you mean recent times the last decade for PC specific titles then yeah. Consoles have pretty much always been that high. With N64 games being £50-£60 and PS1 games were £30-£40. PS2 & Xbox 360 games were £40-£50. Things haven't increased that much in terms of price per title. Even going back to the Atari 2600 days they were £30. If you just took inflation in that time a game would be £190.62 now.

Soldato
I am hyped for this though and am likely to pre-order this although their whole get the free race pack is still rubbish tbh. That was other reason I have waited so long to pick the first two up as much as I love Warhammer and Total War, the pricing for what I considered a cut down of what whole game should have been and the scummy practice of "free race pack" and paying for the blood DLC annoyed me enough to wait.

Soldato
I remember as a kid games were 50-70 quid that's early 90's.

They could charge 100 and I'd buy it, god I've sunk some hours into number 2.

Roll on!

Associate
They always been £49.99 at release, I have only just picked up 1&2 cause of this with DLC's cause I wasn't paying that tbh. I mean TW:W2 is still £39.99 now 3.5 years later.

Nope. Warhammer 1 was £39.99 on release. I still have the receipt (email) from Steam when I bought it on 24/05/2016. I didn't get Warhammer 2 direct from Steam, but that was £34.99.

Soldato
Nope. Warhammer 1 was £39.99 on release. I still have the receipt (email) from Steam when I bought it on 24/05/2016. I didn't get Warhammer 2 direct from Steam, but that was £34.99.

Ah fair, I was just miss remembering then. But it is £39.99 now for Warhammer 2 so has gone up in price since release then. It doesn't change that in fairness most games have been coming out at £40-£50 for well into a decade now if not more.

Edit: just checked, both released at £39.99 and it is still £39.99 for both!!

Associate
1369 hours into Warhammer:TW 1, 1247 hours and counting into Warhammer:TW 2, while the price increase is a little annoying there is absolutely no chance I'm not buying. They have been nothing short of excellent, well supported and set the bar for how to implement games workshop content into computer games.

For the price increase hope the combined map is ready day 1, as while the vortex campaign was fun it's the mortal empires map that I've sunk most of the time into.

Associate
Ah fair, I was just miss remembering then. But it is £39.99 now for Warhammer 2 so has gone up in price since release then. It doesn't change that in fairness most games have been coming out at £40-£50 for well into a decade now if not more.

To be fair I would imagine Warhammer 2 was probably that on Steam, I just didn't get it directly from them but from Greenmangaming. I probably bought from them as they were a little cheaper.

I love the games, just I think £50 is too much to pay to be honest. Will look on Shopto or GMG nearer the release date see if they are doing it cheaper.

Soldato
No Humble Monthly store discount on this one sadly. Spent a small fortune on DLC for this already though, so what's another fifty quid? :p And TBF, this will likely be much better value than the DLC; 3 (maybe 4) Races, 9 Legendary Lords, a free Race Pack with pre-orders, new game mechanics, a new campaign, and a much larger Mortal Empires map.

Trailer posted on epic games YouTube I hope it's not an egs exclusive.

Edit: nevermind you can already buy it on steam. Max hype!

Worth noting that the EGS and Steam versions are totally separate. Say you own WH1&2 and all DLC on Steam, but then buy WH3 on Epic Store. You have to rebuy all of that content on Epic to access it in WH3. Even the Mortal Empires campaign.

Kind of obvious. But I can see it catching some people out (especially if Epic discount the game).

Associate
Worth noting that the EGS and Steam versions are totally separate. Say you own WH1&2 and all DLC on Steam, but then buy WH3 on Epic Store. You have to rebuy all of that content on Epic to access it in WH3. Even the Mortal Empires campaign.

Kind of obvious. But I can see it catching some people out (especially if Epic discount the game).

I wonder who is actually going to buy the game on Epic? I mean they don't have 1 or 2 currently. I would imagine that most people who buy 3 will have the previous 2 plus a load of DLC. The only way Epic are going to sell this in any sort of numbers is if they heavily discount it or offer 1 & 2 free with it.

Soldato
I wonder who is actually going to buy the game on Epic? I mean they don't have 1 or 2 currently. I would imagine that most people who buy 3 will have the previous 2 plus a load of DLC. The only way Epic are going to sell this in any sort of numbers is if they heavily discount it or offer 1 & 2 free with it.

I'm at a bit of a loss on that one too. Even if you're a newcomer, Steam Workshop is a huge boon.

I guess if Epic do that £10 off voucher promo again at Christmas then that could result in up to £30 off the trilogy. That's enough for a fair bit of DLC when on sale.

Soldato

I expect they will offer TWW1 and 2 either free or at huge discount, but if you have the DLC it still seems like a waste. I have the same problem with Hitman, I have 1 and 2 on Steam so now I have to wait a year for 3.

Associate
Day one buy for me. There's not many companies still have that from me and even CA lost it for a while after the out of the box states of Rome 2 and Attila but they've re-earned it recently.

Back
Top Bottom