Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Would be nice, wouldn't it?

Watching some YouTube videos on it. Consensus seems to be that it's a little faster than the FK8 around track, has a nicer interior, but is a little slower in a straight line no doubt due to the wider tyres and extra weight. But it also uses PS4S vs the Conti's on the FK8 so who knows if they're on the same tyre.

My interest has dwindled, I spoke to a few dealers and they all want a refundable £500 deposit and they also suggested that I leave one with multiple dealers in case a slot opens up. No thank you.

Last edited:
Associate
Have UK prices been released yet for the new CTR?
I was having my fk8 serviced in September and I enquired about the new model. He said he doesn’t have much info yet but he believes the price will start with a 5….. I said in that case, I’m out. Will keep the fk8 which I adore anyway.

Associate
Ouch, if it starts with a '5' that would be a massive increase over the older model. I guess rumours suggest the numbers will be quite limited, which if true, probably means they will get away with that pricing.

Soldato
Ouch, if it starts with a '5' that would be a massive increase over the older model. I guess rumours suggest the numbers will be quite limited, which if true, probably means they will get away with that pricing.
doubt it'll be 5xxxx I think 42-45k is probably where it'll start with a small allocation to UK until JDM market is fullfilled(10k cars apparentely)

Soldato
47k is definitely a surprise to me.

They can jog on.
I saw the US prices so had a feeling USD -> GBP will be what we'll see..

it is very expensive and apparentely not that much better than FK8.

the only reason you'd buy one over FK8 I think is the looks, front end/side profile is decent.. rear end I'm very unsure about, need to see one in person.

Soldato
I saw the US prices so had a feeling USD -> GBP will be what we'll see..

it is very expensive and apparentely not that much better than FK8.

the only reason you'd buy one over FK8 I think is the looks, front end/side profile is decent.. rear end I'm very unsure about, need to see one in person.
Interior is much nicer in the new one IMO too.

Soldato
Interior is much nicer in the new one IMO too.
the whole car is nicer to look at and from reviews even the base civic has a really nice/well built interior, but it the CTR is 50k optioned :o that is a silly amount.

the problem with that number is that it makes many great cars available.. so the competition is steep. Personally I'd rather spend 34k on a GR Yaris but I do not need a bigger hatchback.

Soldato
the whole car is nicer to look at and from reviews even the base civic has a really nice/well built interior, but it the CTR is 50k optioned :o that is a silly amount.

the problem with that number is that it makes many great cars available.. so the competition is steep. Personally I'd rather spend 34k on a GR Yaris but I do not need a bigger hatchback.
Makes my F56 JCW almost fully optioned out with 5k miles feel a bargain now.

£20k incl the valved exhaust back in 2019. Was a 3yr old dealer example. Keeping this for a long time now it seems.

Man of Honour
Test drive requested.

I would have had the other one had it not looked so 'bruv init' and they made this one less like that.

Keen to have a drive.

Man of Honour
Dealer just called me, suspects won't get one until January at earliest.

Suggests a few Type R owners of old with history of buying have left small deposits, tells me Honda have told them they can offer 1 car at this stage to a person.

However when I started talking about the NSX process (Honda took it off the dealers) I felt that becoming that 1 might be a touch easier, (he got a bit excited even though I never bought one the fact I knew about that process seemed to mean something to him) but I suspect the first car will be going to the DP (just like GT3's) as he said "we don't want people buying and selling next day". That talks to overs in my mind, which seems a bit odd.

Only filled in a web form 2 hours back so they moved quickly to their credit.

I filled in loads of forms with Lotus over the years....never heard a thing :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Frustrating squealing coming from my front pads, gen10 1.5 sport.

I've only had the car 3 weeks, going back to dealer next week for them to check but it seems this is a common thing and the dealer is unlikely to find the pads are low?

Man of Honour
OP
Frustrating squealing coming from my front pads, gen10 1.5 sport.

I've only had the car 3 weeks, going back to dealer next week for them to check but it seems this is a common thing and the dealer is unlikely to find the pads are low?
Could also be a stuck stone.
Think the prices of the FK2 have dropped a little, just waiting for the FK8 to drop more :D
If anything, FK8 prices will go up due to the limited availability of the FL5.

Back
Top Bottom