Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Man of Honour
OP
Just reset it again after updating and so far seems ok. Will keep an eye on it and see if it reoccurs.

Also just seen your reply, hopefully it's ok if not good to know it can be fixed :)

See how you get on with it! the recent 18fw caused some issues on some devices, ive seen a few bricked consoles come my way so hopefully its just a little glitch and you are all good!

Associate
See how you get on with it! the recent 18fw caused some issues on some devices, ive seen a few bricked consoles come my way so hopefully its just a little glitch and you are all good!

Have left the memory card out and so far he's been ok. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
Sorry if its the wrong thread but worth a try.
On the Xbox I usually use the KontrolFreek's thumb grips, the ones where you get a short one and a long one in each packet.

Is there anywhere you can get just the long ones?

Cheers

Man of Honour
OP
Sorry if its the wrong thread but worth a try.
On the Xbox I usually use the KontrolFreek's thumb grips, the ones where you get a short one and a long one in each packet.

Is there anywhere you can get just the long ones?

Cheers

I have no idea, my xbox collection is err.... slim to say the least! This is probably not the best thread to ask but now you got me on google seeing what these things are :D

Soldato
I’ve just found 2 original game boys that don’t turn on I’ve checked where the battery’s go for corrosion and they are as clean as a whistle surprisingly considering they have been left in my nans loft for god knows how many years.

Any tips on what I should look at next, I’ve got the tools to open them up just unsure where to look on the inside.

Thanks in advance

Man of Honour
OP
I’ve just found 2 original game boys that don’t turn on I’ve checked where the battery’s go for corrosion and they are as clean as a whistle surprisingly considering they have been left in my nans loft for god knows how many years.

Any tips on what I should look at next, I’ve got the tools to open them up just unsure where to look on the inside.

Thanks in advance

the switch... its always the switch! you can easily test the switches with a multimeter and see if the voltage is getting through the switch.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Anyone know where I can find instructions and part numbers for a new screen on my ancient GameBoy Yellow?

Play it loud edition DMG? I got this ips jobbie in mine that is just plag and play!! Does a great job

Alternatively if you are feeling adventurous you could fix its stock screen and add a bivert mod... lots of options on the DMG.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Might pull the trigger then. Remember when I wanted a gold fat DS? Well, this is gold! :D

Do it!! The pocket doesn't even need power mods for a replacement lcd.. there are even now lcd's with osd that allow you to set screen positioning so it isn't even a case of you getting one shot at getting the alignment right anymore.

Man of Honour
OP
So this is pretty wild!! This is @Martini1991 laptop...

You see those two hole looking things in the silicon...

I thought they were scratches at first but under the scope that's like fused internals under the top layers of the chip. Oh yea I plugged it in and stuff done a load of troubleshooting which lead me to this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom