Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Caporegime
I would have held out, it's only been 48 hours since you first mentioned cancellation? I know it's only £6 more a month and you get a better speed, but they would have ended up offering it to you for the same price you're currently paying. There are people (not staff) getting M250 for under a tenner a month.

It's an awful process every time, but in the end they've "won" because they get more money out of you and the extra speed they provide costs them pretty much nothing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well after giving 30 days notice to cancel on Saturday got a callback today and managed to go from the following;

M500, TV and Phoneline originally £71 pre-end of contract, £78 after price rise then £96 out of contract (next month).

to

1GIG, TV, Phoneline and 2nd TV Box for £49.

Was happy with that and took it on the spot, could have probably got more out of them but decided not to push my luck!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well decided to call up as Mariusz post reminded me, currently on 250 for £21 and best I got was the same speed for £61 so cancellation in
Best bet, worst case scenario (if you got no FTTP available) can reorder as new customer under new name.

My cancellation will likely go through without a reorder as CF connected me today.

Soldato
might be account specific, its called your offers on your dashboard . what I found if you selected not interested it would drop it down 5% further
I think it is, on my dash if I clicked my offers I just got the april 2024 price rise page, but if observant on the way there it hits a no page found first before it auto redirects to the price rise page.

However my email retention link I was able to click not interested twice to get a 3rd final offer. That offer got invalidated after my retentions call.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well after giving 30 days notice to cancel on Saturday got a callback today and managed to go from the following;

M500, TV and Phoneline originally £71 pre-end of contract, £78 after price rise then £96 out of contract (next month).

to

1GIG, TV, Phoneline and 2nd TV Box for £49.

Was happy with that and took it on the spot, could have probably got more out of them but decided not to push my luck!
Coming to the end of my Black Friday deal. What exact steps did you take for this offer? Did you just ring up and cancel then wait?
Was this the first callback you got ?

Associate
I saw this on the VM forums. It appears to have been hidden or deleted. I took a copy of it for when my contract is up.

The advice I followed was "Wait until 21 days - then call this number and say you had a missed call and asked to ring back - 020 3743 6947 (Retentions number). Get a few other deals so you have prices you are willing to pay and don’t accept anything less. Worse can ring them back in 3 days and do same."

Soldato
I saw this on the VM forums. It appears to have been hidden or deleted. I took a copy of it for when my contract is up.

The advice I followed was "Wait until 21 days - then call this number and say you had a missed call and asked to ring back - 020 3743 6947 (Retentions number). Get a few other deals so you have prices you are willing to pay and don’t accept anything less. Worse can ring them back in 3 days and do same."
Is that wait 21 days after you cancel?

Man of Honour
I have just got through retention's

1Gig, 2 TV boxes, sky sports,TNT sports, movies plus the other standard TV channels + Talk anytime for £67.
That's decent, that's what I'm on (pre-April rise to £70 something) albeit that was on the old system when TNT was bundled rather than a separate add on. If they offer me that I might just stick with then come December as the internet connection has actually been decent and is a little bit quicker than FTTP. Plus no getting credential issues with Sky, and the IP is sticky.

Don
decent offer that!

Did you call them or they call you?

I cancelled as I was coming to the end of my contract so loosing the discount, used the chat function to cancel (They offered me a deal at that point but I turned it down). A week later I went on away on holiday for 11 days at which time they kept calling but I ignored it, on my return I dropped them a message on chat as I had also received a text asking me to contact them.

They offered the deal straight away at that point.

Don
Edit: Just checked and it is actually £65 a month.

The deal is...

Volt Gig 1 Broadband, Mega TV, Additional TV Box, Virgin TV 360 box, Netflix Standard, Virgin 360 Mini Box, Sky Sports Ultra HD, TNT Sports, Kids Pick, Sky Sports and Cinema Collection, Sky Sports HD Pack, Anytime Chatter, Line Rental.

18 Month contract

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just got through retention's

1Gig, 2 TV boxes, sky sports,TNT sports, movies plus the other standard TV channels + Talk anytime for £67.

I pay that just for 1Gig internet. Having said that, was quite happy with that deal as previously I was with BT and paid that for what was at best 28Mb - and I don't want the Virgin TV crap, I prefer Sky. Hoping they roll out 2Gig in our area soon though, I'll happily pay a bit more for that.

Don
I pay that just for 1Gig internet. Having said that, was quite happy with that deal as previously I was with BT and paid that for what was at best 28Mb - and I don't want the Virgin TV crap, I prefer Sky. Hoping they roll out 2Gig in our area soon though, I'll happily pay a bit more for that.

The only channel I miss is Sky Atlantic

Man of Honour
All we use our box for is Football, F1, Rugby, Comedy Central, and occasionally ITV. It's extremely rare for it to be used for anything else. Sky is more fluid but the VM box is actually pretty decent, and it doesn't have the super annoying sound dropouts which have plagued Sky Q for years. Admittedly I haven't tried Stream.

Back
Top Bottom