WBSIB

Caporegime
I'm going to get shot of the Honda ADV350 and get something bigger. I'll miss the practicality and convenience of it and ultimately I'd love to keep it and get something else alongside it but that won't be for some time until we own our own house, priorities and all that.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting £4500 - £5000 for the ADV and could potentially chuck a bit more on top for the right bike but in an ideal world I'd like to save a grand on the new bike and stick that towards a house deposit, but only if I find the right bike - I won't be considering projects, fixer uppers or anything like that.

I'm not after a pocket rocket but do want a bit of poke. My current bike is 30hp so ideally I'd want around 60+. Style wise I'm either after a retro, adventure, light off-roady or cruiser style - and not a Harley type cruiser, I'm not 60 yet and that type of beard is far too much work.

My shortlist so far, and there's been absolutely zero budget consideration here so that'll be the first thing to start ruling them out:

• Ducati Scrambler 800
  • Honda Rebel 500
  • Triumph Speed Twin
  • Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

I'll add more to the list as I go but that's all I can think of right now.

Go :D

Man of Honour
As @bloodiedathame mentioned in the other thread, how about a sofa on wheels? In which case maybe a Triumph Speedmaster 1200. No good at light off roading though.

If you are looking for a bike which covers all of retro, adventure and light off-roading then a scrambler style bike seems the best bet. e.g. the Ducati Scrambler, Triumph Scrambler, etc.

Soldato

Couldn't be any closer to you!

Or a Honda CB650R, theres a few around that suit your budget.

Edit
I seemed to have missed the brief completely, but it'd be fun :)

Last edited:
Soldato
In textbook Diddums fashion, I now find myself looking at XSR900s.

120hp, what could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:
The XSR would be a good choice, in reality you're looking at a little over 100hp which IMHO is the ideal power for a road bike and it's a good platform to customise if you want.

Caporegime
OP
I did a little spaff :eek:

lUaLOLI.jpeg

Might need to have a rummage around the sofa :D

Back
Top Bottom