Weight loss diary

Associate
OP
I've down to 271 this week, 1 more pound to the 4 stone mark and 5 more until I reach 18 stone. I'm only using the slimfast once a day at most now (I've been fully calorie counting and checking macros for well over a month now), and I'm considering switching to Huel as their off the shelf drink was very filling the couple of times I've bought it.

I wanted to reach 266 before Christmas, at this rate I should be there by the end of November - well on track to reach the 17 stone mark in March.

Soldato
Amazing progress!! Keep up the good work!

I can’t commit to regular exercise sadly, but have lost 2 stone over a year with changes to my diet. I’ve also been able to enjoy meals out and had a few bumps along the way. I tried to out train a bad diet for years, but I now realise that wasn’t the correct approach for what I wanted to achieve.

Associate
OP
Amazing progress!! Keep up the good work!

I can’t commit to regular exercise sadly, but have lost 2 stone over a year with changes to my diet. I’ve also been able to enjoy meals out and had a few bumps along the way. I tried to out train a bad diet for years, but I now realise that wasn’t the correct approach for what I wanted to achieve.
Thanks, and congratulations on your weight loss! The exercise has been a bit hectic for me too, other than Saturday I don't have any fixed days - I just go when I find time.

It's another half pound loss for me this week, if I round up I'm still at 271. Hopefully this means I'll drop a few like last time.

Associate
OP
I've been ill this week so I've not been able to go to the gym since the weekend - instead I've mostly been sleeping.

This has somehow paid off as I've weighed in at 267 for the past couple days.

Associate
OP
I tested (and continue to test) positive for COVID, apart from sleeping more I've been OK for the last few days but it means that I'm still housebound. Thankfully I've continued to lose weight - 265 this week - but some of it must be muscle mass as my dumbbells don't really cut it anymore.

Associate
OP
266, my weight has been up and down all week - I haven't had a poo in about 3 days!

My fitness is definitely recovering - I'm back to where I was before in my upper body and exceeding with my legs.

Associate
OP
264, and it's been consistent the past few mornings so hopefully whatever was going on last week has passed. I used the rowing machine yesterday for the first time and I can barely walk today!

Associate
OP
262, this week has been good; I've been cramming in as many gym sessions as possible due to a minor surgery preventing me from going for the next week or so - I'm not sure if I should eat at my maintenance calories to speed up recovery.

Associate
OP
257, I mostly ate at my deficit but it was a struggle as I've not had much of an appetite this week.

I'm desperate to get back into the gym although I've injured my back slightly - probably from walking funny following surgery. I've still got three days to go before I should be resuming anything too strenuous so hopefully it'll work out.

Associate
OP
Keep up the good work man, as others have said in this thread cardio is your friend when getting rid of fat, i went from 250lbs to 155lbs in 14 months on cardio alone.
Thanks! I took a couple weeks off calorie counting for Christmas though I did keep up with the gym - cardio and strength training.

Associate
Excercise is great and necessary but doing it will not reduce your weight. You need your input to lose weight. I’d start by cutting processed food like breakfast cereals and fruit juice. These are all sugar loads and empty calories.

Associate
OP
Excercise is great and necessary but doing it will not reduce your weight. You need your input to lose weight. I’d start by cutting processed food like breakfast cereals and fruit juice. These are all sugar loads and empty calories.
Thanks, so far I've lost 60+ pounds and have cut out all that stuff - I usually eat one main meal a day made from scratch and then veg, meat, cheese and occasionally a meal replacement shake.

Currently I'm on 1750 calories a day, going up to 2000 on gym days if I feel I need it.

Associate
OP
So taking the last to weeks off has led to a bit of weight gain - 263. I did eat quite a lot of cheese and drank a few ciders.

Associate
OP
Back on track! 260 this week, it's been good to get back in to a regular routine - going back to work has helped too.

I'm up to 135 pounds on the lateral pulldown (120 reverse grip), I'm hoping to increase that while decreasing my weight for my goal of doing pull-ups by the end of the year.

Associate
OP
Back to down to 257 this week, pretty much where I was a month ago but I feel a lot stronger this time around; I'm lifting more and with better form/more consistent reps. I've booked in with a personal trainer who's been working with my wife (her progress has been amazing) so I'm looking forward to that next week, and to reach the 5 stone total lost since I started recording my weight.

Associate
OP
257 again, my weight has been fluctuating quite a lot over the last month but I think I'm replacing fat with muscle as my clothes sizes have dropped (started off in 4XL/48 trousers, I'm now comfortably wearing XL t-shirts and my 40 jeans are getting a bit loose).

My trainer recognised that my range of motion isn't great, especially my ankles so I'm lowering my weight while I work on form. My first session left me knackered!

Associate
Keep at it man, it you've made great progress since you started the thread. So much so, I think I might create my own weight loss thread in the same manner, just for my own little progress blog to have some kind of accountability.

Associate
OP
Keep at it man, it you've made great progress since you started the thread. So much so, I think I might create my own weight loss thread in the same manner, just for my own little progress blog to have some kind of accountability.
Thanks! That's why I started and it's definitely helped keep me motivated.

Associate
OP
255 this week, I've now lost more than 5 stone - not far to go until I'm below 18 stone!

I've started a new workout schedule before I start properly with my trainer in a couple weeks: Shoulders & abs, back & biceps, chest & triceps, and legs. I thought I'd be OK with lat pulldowns behind the head as I'm used to both grips in front of me but they were tough! By the time I got to hammer curls my arms were done. One thing I've noted is that my cardio time at the gym has been cut right back so I'll need to supplement this with more walking or some additional days of gentle cardio.

Back
Top Bottom