What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Might sling the cat back in tonight - not sure I'm young enough for a decat, as even with plugs in, it bloody drones away :D

Also, the low end is pretty jerky - the fix seems to be to get the KTM Akra map loaded, but not sure I cba with that, I also feel like I should be getting an ASBO as I trundle through some of the stunning villages around here

Soldato
Wow, I'm Guildford born and bred (although living in South London now) and had no idea DGR was a thing. What counts as a classic? I could try and get my '85 FZ750 running for next year....

Yeah, that'd work! Do it! My brother in law and dad are going to do it next year, we can be a team! And @Hades when he gets back on two wheels, and @Diddums when he gets a big boys bike. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Which bike is this? I stupidly took mine of my 1290GT to clean it and had a nightmare trying to get it back on. And even then with one of the two pins having sheared off at some point prior.
890R - had to unbolt the headers to reassemble the cat to the pipes, then the lambda sensors got jammed against the oil cooler, so I had to put an axle stand under the cat and drop it all down again.

Got 2 of 3 bolts back in the cat, the third needs you to partially unbolt the side stand to slide it out the way - not sure I'll bother; 2 should hold it coupled with the slip on bolt.... I hope :D

Soldato
I was messing about with mounting points for a cheapy GoPro I picked up off the MM and came up with this doozy of a shot!!!

xg3U46f.jpeg

Soldato
List of things I need to do to bike:

1st - Stop exhaust leaking, probably need to helicoil a new bolt
2nd - Raise idle slightly to see if that helps with it cutting out when closing the throttle
3rd - 3D print inserts for the air filter to smooth airflow into carb.
4th - Larger jet for secondary main (108 standard, 110 currently, thinking 130).
5th - Experiment with needle position

Associate
Bought a new hat for trail riding this morning. Then went home to change my front pads, only to find my memory of "loads of brake cleaner" in my garage was out of date, so that job is delayed a day!

Soldato
Quick blast around some lanes after work - the bike feels much nicer with the cat + Mivv combo! Smoother for one thing, less asbo for certain, and everything just felt on point with it this afternoon.

Only thing I hate, is the utter pita that chain adjustment is

Back
Top Bottom