• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do gamers actually think about Ray-Tracing?

Caporegime
And that is fair. I actually don't have issues with comments like this. You did not feel the need to say RT makes little to no difference to your post to justify why you don't use it.

Yup exactly.

It's also the way those same people say "fps is king" and "minimal iq improvement with rt" yet then go onto slate upscaling tech because "iq hit is too much" thus they are getting significantly less perf/fps by not using it, even though the evidence completely and utterly debunks these view points of theirs....

Associate
Yea exactly I love new tech and any advancement in graphics is very welcome for me but I play at high resolutions (specificially racing simulation) which means RT is a massive performance hit for me unfortunatley.

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
Yes, you will.

Riftbreaker (amd sponsored RT title) is a great showcase for this and it's lightweight rt! It's actually a very underrated RT effect.

RT effects shine far more in open world games too, mostly because such big worlds can't have every area polished like linear tunnel games such as TLOU, tomb raider and so on.

Back
Top Bottom