What is the best road tyre for Sports Bike?

Soldato
I've currently got Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on the ZX-9R Will need to certainly change the rear in the not too distant future. Worth sticking with what's on there or would the Road 6 be much better? Price difference £234 vs £325 (plus fitting obvs)

Ta

Soldato
I've got a set of PR6s coming for the 1290 now. My current metzlers have plenty of tread left but are 7 years old now and are a little squared off.

I've read the PR6s have a more linear turn in which I am looking forward to trying as sometimes the metzlers feel like they quickly fall into turns. Can be a little disconcerting at times when you want to be a little more progressive.

Soldato
I've got a set of PR6s coming for the 1290 now. My current metzlers have plenty of tread left but are 7 years old now and are a little squared off.

I've read the PR6s have a more linear turn in which I am looking forward to trying as sometimes the metzlers feel like they quickly fall into turns. Can be a little disconcerting at times when you want to be a little more progressive.
It took me a little while to get used to the turn in - I came from Metzeler M9RRs; I was convinced that the R6s were flat lol They felt exactly like and under inflated pair of S20s (or S21s I can't recall) I had fitted on my Daytona 675 years ago, like they're in a ditch/tram lines in the road.

jcr

jcr

Associate
have you tried experimenting with different tyre pressures?

Soldato
Honestly, I reckon someone would have to be in the realms of outright dangerous riding, to push the Road 6 past the point you'd need the extra grip of an S22.

I'm by all means not a great rider, but I certainly exploit a decent chunk on my S1000R when riding, and the Road 6s have done a stellar job every time so far.

Unless you have the disposable income, then the 6s are a perfect blend of do all tyre, with great lifespan. Oh and of course, it probably gets influenced by the roads you like to hoon on - mine are 'technical' little B roads in Dorset
I agree, I've had no issues with the PR6s thus far. The S22 just had that little more sticky-ness to me which explains why they wear out so quick. I still have them on my other bike which I track occasionally.

Soldato
Road 6s on the bike, my M7RRs must have been properly squared off as the bike was ridiculously keen to turn in compared to what I've been used to. :D Felt like I was on a knifes edge.

Rained on the way home and battery was dead this morning so havent had a chance to scrub them in.

Back
Top Bottom