Which electric screwdriver (not drills)

Man of Honour
I'd honestly just get a battery powered combi drill.
The chucks have a torque dial so you can set the torque so low you can even stop it by grabbing it with your hand if you want to.

A much more versatile tool.
Something like this for example
Seems expensive, you can get the Pro version for less money. Then again it's B&Q so I'm not surprised! :cry:

Man of Honour
my search is failing me, can you help me link to it please ?
i don't know what I'm looking for really drills are beyond me

I got this with a coupon for just under £60 a few months ago.

I would say that for just putting furniture together it’s probably overkill and you’d be better off with the screwdriver you linked. But a Combi does open up a lot of possibilities especially if you are going to be using a drill to put up shelves etc.

Underboss
OP
Thanks

Like I said in my OP, I'm no good at DIY, I have no intention of drilling, I have family in the trade. Its not for me I'm a geek lol

I use a screwdriver on the odd occasion so it would be nice to get an electric version so to speak.

Man of Honour
Thanks

Like I said in my OP, I'm no good at DIY, I have no intention of drilling, I have family in the trade. Its not for me I'm a geek lol

I use a screwdriver on the odd occasion so it would be nice to get an electric version so to speak.
Then the IXO would be ideal.

Soldato

I got this with a coupon for just under £60 a few months ago.

I would say that for just putting furniture together it’s probably overkill and you’d be better off with the screwdriver you linked. But a Combi does open up a lot of possibilities especially if you are going to be using a drill to put up shelves etc.

That's a really good deal assuming it's legit and brand new... It's a far more versatile tool than an electric screwdriver, but it can also be used as a low torque screwdriver for.. Well.. General screw driving duties.

Man of Honour
That's a really good deal assuming it's legit and brand new... It's a far more versatile tool than an electric screwdriver, but it can also be used as a low torque screwdriver for.. Well.. General screw driving duties.
Yup, legit and brand new. Registered on the Bosch site without any issues. eBay seem to run some good deals from time to time, for example:

I have a Dewalt multi tool and accessories on the way which was £79.99 using that coupon. I got the Bosch Combi with a similar coupon.

Don
Only thing I'd say is although you don't necessarily want an expensive combi drill, if there's any possibility at all of you buying another tool (saw, lawn mower, etc) then worth spending a little more and buying at least an 18v tool and batteries

Last edited:
Soldato
Been using this for some time for some home DIY stuff.

It's bloody powerful for its size, need a firm grip on max torque setting or it will rip straight out of your hand lol as i found out first time using it to build some IKEA furniture.

I had and love this one as well, it fits much better in the tool bag and the push feature on it is great on it and make it so much easier to use.

The battery is garbage though and it doesn’t have a light on it either.

The green pistol style one is better because the battery last way longer, is slightly more comfortable to hold and although it’s an orange light (at least mine is, it’s that old though) it’s enough if it’s a dark area where the screw is.

Soldato
I have the Bosch IXO and whilst it was a great screwdriver, I lost the proprietary charger for it a while back so now completely useless.

Im actually looking for a replacement screwdriver myself that has USB-C charging.

Man of Honour
I have the Bosch IXO and whilst it was a great screwdriver, I lost the proprietary charger for it a while back so now completely useless.
Mt 5th gen one is charges fine from a normal USB socket with the right cable (never remember the name, USB micro perhaps).

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah the newer ones must be micro or mini USB now then :) must have a look as I got mine several years ago now.

Shame as it’s useless without the proprietary charger and replacements are a rip off.

Back
Top Bottom