World Cup Quarter Final - England v Portugal **SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Portugal for me even with deco and costinha missing.

Scholari has them extremely well organised and i think they will be too much

Soldato
Quite possible...though if Ronaldo is badly injured & FIFA step in & red card Figo I am liking our chances more. Gotta be really wary of the diving though.

Soldato
OP
Been confirmed that Figo cannot be banned for the headbutt due to receiving a yelllow.

Its a double jeapordy rule - cannot be tried twice for the same offence

Which means he will line up against england

Soldato
The_One said:
Beene confirmed that Figo CANNOT be banned for the headbutt due to receiving a yelllow.

Its a double jeapordy rule - cannot be tried twice for the same offence

Which means he will line up against england

Depends if that is what he was booked for. The ref clearly didn't see it so it is possible he was booked for some other offence, meaning they could...& I hope they do.

Soldato
OP
Carlos_S said:
Organised? :/ I hope that was sarcasm lol.

Not at all they are organised and scholari is a master tactician, forgetting the refereeing shambles portugal have knocked out a very good dutch side tonight.

Who have england beat :o

Associate
England I hope will be up for this. Nearly every player was in the squad which got knocked out in Euro 2004. Also i think Portugal will really miss deco and ronaldo possible even more if he is indeed out.

England have a real chance i think, whether or not they will take it is another matter though :o

Permabanned
Deco and Ronaldo are Portugal's best players.
This is England's best chance of making the semis since 1990, I gotta say I favour them now - even if they were total rubbish so far.

Associate
The_One said:
Not at all they are organised and scholari is a master tactician, forgetting the refereeing shambles portugal have knocked out a very good dutch side tonight.

Who have england beat :o

Very good Dutch side? No, one of the worst in years.

Portuguese organised? Lol, it's not the referee's fault if the players are commiting cynical fouls all game, the players brought it all on themselves.

Who have England beaten? You can only beat what's in front of you.

Soldato
OP
Carlos_S said:
Very good Dutch side? No, one of the worst in years.

Portuguese organised? Lol, it's not the referee's fault if the players are commiting cynical fouls all game, the players brought it all on themselves.

Who have England beaten? You can only beat what's in front of you.

One of the worst dutch sides in years? Please tell me your having a laugh :o

They came to this world cup with a much better side then they have the previous 2 by leaving out all the ego's

As for beating whats infront of you - You could at least put on decent/good performances.

England have been poor all world cup so far

Yes scholari is a mster tachtician he took off pouletta when holland were getting back into the game and brought on a defensive midfielder, after that the dutch found it really hard to penetrate the midfield.

Good tactics..........I'd say so ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Guys, just a suggestion, but I think it would be an idea if you were to refrain from posting threads about future matches until all of the highlights programmes later on this evening are finished, for those of us who may not have been able to watch today's games live.

Last edited:
Associate
The_One said:
One of the worst dutch sides in years? Please tell me your having a laugh :o

They came to this world cup with a much better side then they have the previous 2 by leaving out all the ego's

As for beating whats infront of you - You could at least put on decent/good performances.

England have been poor all world cup so far

I didn't say we weren't poor, I just said we've won when needed. Portugal have scraped past Angola, only beaten Iran 2-0 (same as our result against T & T) and scraped passed Mexico. Hardly convincing.

Soldato
OP
A mexican side who happened to of taken the argies all the way. so pointless trying to make out the mexicans as a rubbish/average side ;)

Associate
The_One said:
A mexican side who happened to of taken the argies all the way. so pointless trying to make out the mexicans as a rubbish/average side ;)

They took Argentina all they way, so what? Everyone just jumped on the Argie bandwagon after they beat the terrible Serbs. As many people have said, I distinctly remember England beating the same Argentina team a few months ago.

Soldato
//Mike said:
Guys, just a suggestion, but I think it would be an idea if you were to refrain from posting threads about future matches until all of the highlights programmes later on this evening are finished, for those of us who may not have been able to watch today's games live.

Spoiler warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom