Would this system be good for photography

Associate
Hi
I'm new here, I have a 12 yr old Win7 system (please don't laugh) which I bought ready made from Chillblast
I use Lightroom, some Photoshop and Firefox to surf, watch on-line videos and listen to music.
Here's what I have chosed to ask Overclockers to build for me 9not ordered yet as I'm unsure if it will all be ok.

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Six Core 5.30GHz (Socket AM5) Processor​

Asus TUF Gaming B650-Plus WIFI (Socket AM5) DDR5 ATX Motherboard​

G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo EXPO 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 PC5-48000C30 6000MHz Dual Channel Kit - B​

WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen4 Solid State Drive (WDS100T3X0E) (two of these)​

be quiet Pure Base 600 Midi Tower Case - Black​

be quiet! Shadow Rock 3 High Performance CPU Cooler​

be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply​

Asus 24x DVD±RW DRW-24D5MT SATA ReWriter - Black (OEM)​

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit DVD​

Total comes to £1200 plus build costs
I look forward to any help or advice
thanks in advance
Steve

Man of Honour
Based on current prices @ OCUK, buying two of the SN770 wouldn't be a very cost effective way of getting 2TB. I'd get a single high-end drive like the 2TB P5 Plus (£115).

be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
FYI: This has only got a 5 year warranty, whereas you'd expect 10 on a gold PSU nowadays.

Asus 24x DVD±RW DRW-24D5MT SATA ReWriter - Black (OEM)
If you're buying this to install Windows, you don't need it, since you can download the Windows installation media on a USB drive.

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Six Core 5.30GHz (Socket AM5) Processor

be quiet! Shadow Rock 3 High Performance CPU Cooler​

If you switch to the 7700 non-X, it has a cooler (wraith prism) which is usable and included in the box.

Associate
OP
Based on current prices @ OCUK, buying two of the SN770 wouldn't be a very cost effective way of getting 2TB. I'd get a single high-end drive like the 2TB P5 Plus (£115).

FYI: This has only got a 5 year warranty, whereas you'd expect 10 on a gold PSU nowadays.

If you're buying this to install Windows, you don't need it, since you can download the Windows installation media on a USB drive.

If you switch to the 7700 non-X, it has a cooler (wraith prism) which is usable and included in the box.
Hi Tetras
thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at the PSU. The reason for the DVD is to use DVD discs I have at home. The two SSD's were to put the os on one and data on the second.
Am I right in beleiving that the PC will work ok without the GPU?
thanks for your help
Steve

Soldato
Yeah as Tetras said, they are using the GPU a bit more. But it really depends the sort of tasks you'd be using the machine for. If it's the same workload as what you were running on your old PC then I don't think it would stretch the GPU much.

Associate
OP
Yeah as Tetras said, they are using the GPU a bit more. But it really depends the sort of tasks you'd be using the machine for. If it's the same workload as what you were running on your old PC then I don't think it would stretch the GPU much.
Because my old PC is soooooo old I have not been able to update LR and PS for some time. I don't have a GPU on this one.

Back
Top Bottom