Your experience with OLED burn-in

Soldato
I would like to report that my G3 that I purchased 2 months ago has no burn in. :D
I have an agreement with my 2019 C9. I won't go looking for burn in if it doesn't make it obvious to me.
That the key. Get TV run a few tests to see if it has any glaring faults. Never run tests again.

I only noticed the burn in on my C8 Christmas 22 because of all the red coloured adverts. Burn in found me!

Last edited:
Soldato
Use my LG CX 55" everyday for gaming as a pc monitor using a lot of HDR since 2021 I have zero burn in. I also have the Samsung G9 oddyesy Oled 49" monitor with zero burn in however whilst using this I hate pixel shift which happens using windows as it's very apparent to me. Don't notice it during gaming though. The LG CX uses some other protection rather than pixel shift.

Man of Honour
There’s an Avatar ride in Disneyworld (from the mid 2010s) where they’ve been playing the same max brightness 2-3 minutes clips on OLEDs for years… and those had such obvious burn in! Really bad. They’ve been replaced recently though, I believe.

From what I gather there should be almost nil likelihood of issues with a modern OLED (CX onwards) with a bit of common sense.

When using my PC for browsing for prolonged periods I turn off HDR mode (win + shift + B) which I think dims everything. Easier on the eyes too!

Soldato
I meant OLED Light, not Brightness! At this point of the life of my screen I care very little so OLED Light is on 95 for PC Mode :D. I too would love to check the hours (if only to make myself feel better for semi ruining the screen!)

I tried to capture as best as I could with a phone camera. Microsoft Paint, red background, OLED Light set to 100:

PXL-20230427-162628188.jpg

Edit: The sad thing is I can easily identify some of the patterns and shapes from content I have consumed. I can even read Breaking News in the bottom left :D

rp2000

My E7 had the exact same burn in as you, I also have the COD mini map and compass :D

ZhCx4Tw.jpeg

Last edited:
Caporegime
My E7 had the exact same burn in as you, I also have the COD mini map and compass :D
I laugh about it now I have a new TV! I blame the pandemic and the addictiveness of COD Warzone (Verdansk back then). Your E7 is clearer better than my C7 was, or you've put in less hours of COD in the pandemic :p
I would like to report that my G3 that I purchased 2 months ago has no burn in. :D

That the key. Get TV run a few tests to see if it has any glaring faults. Never run tests again.

I only noticed the burn in on my C8 Christmas 22 because of all the red coloured adverts. Burn in found me!

I'm following the same philosophy with my 6 month old Samsung S93C. Although after posting this I am soooo tempted to fire up mspaint, bucket tool the background red, go fullscreen and double check!

As long as we don't get some sort of lockdown in the next 5 years it'll be fine!

rp2000

Soldato
Same for me, Warzone every night during lockdown for months! I’ve also replaced it with a S95C now but only play once a week so hoping it holds up a little better!

Back
Top Bottom