YouTube Premium

Caporegime
Stick with it until you get kicked out, I thought I was being clever and I couldn’t go back to Argentina, couldn’t get on Turkey (when 2 days prior I got an annual sub for my brother in law), I looked around the globe and ended up in Ukraine as that was the best I could do.

Went from paying 80p to £2.40 or so.

The new higher monthly payment is due end of this month, as long as the price change doesn't somehow mess things up from the payment side of things....

I think Argentina is still one of the cheapest monthly ones overall anyway, so I would even accept one more price doubling before looking elsewhere. Maybe €5 a month would be my limit before changing, which is the value I perceive the service is worth, for the amount I use it.

rp2000

Caporegime
India is a lost cause you need a verified Indian issued card. I tried with Revolut and made and indian account, added virtual cards to google pay.

India wouldn't work for me using GPAY or directly adding the visa card details...

I tried for a good few hours.. I was gutted.

i even set up addresses in india on ,my profile, It isn't google stopping it, its the card verification stage.

Id had 2 years subscription running and was paying practically nothing ... Now i pay 99ukrainian money and that's about 3 quid... ish ish... last time i looked.
I'm curious as to when your Indian one stopped working. Mine was May 2022.

rp2000

Soldato
What paid VPNs do people recommend, I'm a bit funny about using a free one (note been using Nord and it seems they have been rumbled by google).

If just for initial signup etc, just use "Urban VPN Proxy" which is a free Chrome extension, so less intrusive, easy to turn on/off and only affects that chrome session.. also worked twice for me were Nord/PIA all failed.

Last edited:
Associate
If just for initial signup etc, just use "Urban VPN Proxy" which is a free Chrome extension, so less intrusive, easy to turn on/off and only affects that chrome session.. also worked twice for me were Nord/PIA all failed.

Thanks, tried it, same problem :(. I tried deleting cookies etc and keep coming up against same error where it says cant verify country....

Caporegime
All the 86% off and 6 months Free only £1.99 a month ones are garbage for doing this..... in my experience....

Pay for a full price stonking one with a no quibble money back and go for it and good luck.... Get it to work then get a refund... Keep track of who you do it with. Maybe even keep the VPN that actually works or is useful for other stuff :p

I'm not even gonna recommend because they seem to be heavily correcting any holes that exist.

gonna be sad when my ukraine one dies :/

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm with Surfshark and although for the most part, it's decent enough, sometimes the speed of the website I'm using is horrendously slow.
The cost was cheap, though.

Before that, I was with Express, which, according to my memory, was superior. I may move back to them when Surfshark has expired.

Man of Honour
Wow

Some like myself, personally I don't ad block YT, have been seeing some fallout from these systems in my opinion - intermittently I get playback issues which don't make much sense at all which in my opinion stem back to systems they are using behind the scenes to try and combat ad blocking - but it also can affect people whether they are blocking ads or not, paying for premium or not, etc. (As was briefly discussed in the Firefox thread).

YouTube has some horrible approaches when it comes to ads (and how they treat their users in general) including intentional patterns intended to try and frustrate people into paying so personally I will never pay for it while that goes on and don't consider the current price value for money anyway.

Associate
Some like myself, personally I don't ad block YT, have been seeing some fallout from these systems in my opinion - intermittently I get playback issues which don't make much sense at all which in my opinion stem back to systems they are using behind the scenes to try and combat ad blocking - but it also can affect people whether they are blocking ads or not, paying for premium or not, etc. (As was briefly discussed in the Firefox thread).

YouTube has some horrible approaches when it comes to ads (and how they treat their users in general) including intentional patterns intended to try and frustrate people into paying so personally I will never pay for it while that goes on and don't consider the current price value for money anyway.
I've noticed this. Segments just refuse to play even though it has buffered the video, will happily play before and after the second or so it doesn't work and only is resolved by refreshing the page. Only happened a handful of times though, thankfully.

Caporegime
The new higher monthly payment is due end of this month, as long as the price change doesn't somehow mess things up from the payment side of things....

I think Argentina is still one of the cheapest monthly ones overall anyway, so I would even accept one more price doubling before looking elsewhere. Maybe €5 a month would be my limit before changing, which is the value I perceive the service is worth, for the amount I use it.

rp2000
Payment for the new price went through via Argentina. Works out at 2.03 euros. Hopefully it stays at this price!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom