After The Fall

Soldato
So I took the plunge and picked this up. Played through the first level and oh my days what fun this is! Obviously only just scratched the surface but this is exactly the kind of fun I was in VR.

What settings should I be looking at changing? I’ve gone for the advanced reloading, but noticed this means I have no dual wielding capability… will swapping to basic reloading allow me to dual wield and reload by bringing the guns to my ammo pouches? Seems an unnecessary handicap to use manual reload!

Soldato
So I took the plunge and picked this up. Played through the first level and oh my days what fun this is! Obviously only just scratched the surface but this is exactly the kind of fun I was in VR.

What settings should I be looking at changing? I’ve gone for the advanced reloading, but noticed this means I have no dual wielding capability… will swapping to basic reloading allow me to dual wield and reload by bringing the guns to my ammo pouches? Seems an unnecessary handicap to use manual reload!

You can dual wield with manual. Make sure the toggle grip is enabled. This allows you to pick things up even if you already have a gun in your hand, it just temporarily disappears. The extra damage boost from manual makes it well worth using. It's also often a requirement on the new mutator levels by the looks of things.

You can take 4 weapons at a time. I'm still "old school" and like to take one of each ammo type. Different guns for different situations and more ammo, however it's rare now that ammo will become an issue outside of horde mode.

The service pistol has no fire limit and no kick. Makes it far more accurate than the SMG (does more damage too). Don't be afraid to stick with it. I use it in one hand with the falcon in the other. Though I mostly use the lmg.

Soldato
Okay Toggle Grip sounds like bit of a game changer here, I’ll give that a go.

My Steam friends code is 1355653 - I’ll try and tear myself away from PUBG and Hunt a bit more often for some VR fun.

Soldato
Happy to have a bash tonight if anyone fancies, will be online circa 8pm after the kiddos are in bed. Drop me an invite on Steam using my ID above, or send me a DM with yours if you fancy playing!

Soldato
Happy to have a bash tonight if anyone fancies, will be online circa 8pm after the kiddos are in bed. Drop me an invite on Steam using my ID above, or send me a DM with yours if you fancy playing!

I'm not on steam, I'm on oculus, but I may be around tonight a bit.

The new mutator runs are quite fun, all sorts of changes, full armour, double health and 50% extra spawns was very slow going though!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh now i understand! Okay by all means drop me a DM with your ingame code and I’ll figure out how to add you. I shouldn’t be dead weight so don’t worry about being lumbered with a noob :p

Soldato
Yeah, I’ll have to get my details shared in to their etc.

Completed 3 runs now, got gifted a couple of guns to begin with, and only played on Veteran, but it’s been a lot of fun!

Soldato
I’ll bear that in mind actually. I work from home as well but have a really busy role. I very occasionally get a chance for an extended lunch break though, so that would be sweet.

Soldato
New patch landed, fixing the autoshotgun bug, so suddenly people are having to play again without exploiting, which means I'm playing again after a 4 month break. 2 new maps to play, and they're tough ones! Loving it so far, just having to get used to playing again before I can face horror mode once more.

Back
Top Bottom