Arcade High Scores! New Game Every Two Weeks

Soldato
i do much prefer hyper sports as a sports game, the events are much more fun and crucially its so much harder! I hope we get it someday as the game, it will separate the men from the boys, i have never been able to master that game. Swimming is basically hurdles, theres so much more bonuses to go for on archery and each round is different if you get a perfect score, the horse is really fun, triple jump is my favourite event, pole vault is like a harder version of the high jump and you can select weights for the weightlifting which is also really tough, you get a proper sweat on playing hyper sports :D

Soldato
Yeah I loved Hyper Sports. I don't think I ever played the arcade though, just the speccy version which was still cool as a kid. I seem to remember for weight lifting being right on the edge and running out of steam ha.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I loved Hyper Sports. I don't think I ever played the arcade though, just the speccy version which was still cool as a kid. I seem to remember for weight lifting being right on the edge and running out of steam ha.
i loved the speccy version, i still go back to it sometimes as i have a lot of nostalgia for it. The commodore 64 version was decent too but the speccy one has a charm off its own. If we had non arcade high scores id be up for a daley thompsons decathlon or one of its sequels, remember the lucozade sponsored one daley thompsons super test? That was a real sweat fest if i remember it correctly!

Soldato
Had a few more tries.

Slight improvements on a few events but not all in the same try. So a small improvement on overall score.

100M: 9.37s
LJ: 9.40M
Jav: 92.28M
110M: 11.20s
Hmr: 93.50M
HJ: 2.39M

Score 74200

Soldato
New high: 77670

110M: 11.07 (-0.1)
Hmr: 94.00 (+ 0.5)
HJ: 2.41M (+0.02)

This game is quite tricky with the timings. I've jumped and thrown the javelin further but just had my foot ever so slightly across the line.
The hammer throw is super touchy when trying for the longer throws. Such a small window for getting the shot and then somehow you have to get 45°.

The wife has banned me from playing this game when she is in the room.

Last edited:
Soldato
New high: 77670

110M: 11.07 (-0.1)
Hmr: 94.00 (+ 0.5)
HJ: 2.41M (+0.02)

This game is quite tricky with the timings. I've jumped and thrown the javelin further but just had my foot ever so slightly across the line.
The hammer throw is super touchy when trying for the longer throws. Such a small window for getting the shot and then somehow you have to get 45°.

The wife has banned me from playing this game when she is in the room.
haha - the hammer trick is not to even look at the guy - just look at the bar at the bottom and press anywhere from half way to the end of the bar - thats all you need to focus on. I also think it trolls you if its a foul where you go slightly over and your jumps are like half a metre longer.

Soldato
New high 78630

100M 9.22 (-0.15)
LJ 9.53 (+0.13)
Jav 92.6 (+0.32)
110M 11.02 (-0.05)
HMR 95.5 (+1.50)
HJ 2.43 (+0.02)

Yeah I've been looking at the bar at the bottom and it does help. There's no way you can do it off the guy spinning at that speed. 1983 trolling, who would have guessed.

I still feel I have something left in the tank.

Soldato
If you guys have enjoyed track n field, and are looking for a similar game, other than the sequel hyper sports try combat school, hopefully we get a chance to play both in future challenges as they are more fun

Soldato
Urgh, two goes and failed high jump completely both times :D

Got a WR on my first go with Hammer, but my subsequent 5 throws haven't lived up to that!

49,680 top score, having not finished all events
As mentioned above, just look at the bar not the man for hammer, and press at last half to quarter of the last bar, its pretty easy once you know that.

Soldato
OP
NEW GAME...

JHYKbDEm.png

Everything updated. Good luck and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom