• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARM is coming.

Associate
From what I could gather from Charlie's article it looks like Qualcomm as looking to push this out the door quietly which isn't a good sign.
This has always worried me about Qualcomm, always quite pushing it out and never lives up to the hype. Hopefully they do have a product that can compete.

Caporegime
Saw a vid on YouTube with mlid saying AMD are working on an arm APU.

Probably the smart thing to do X86 is still overwhelmingly dominant in the PC space but there is clear writing on the wall, besides Nvidia AMD have the best graphics IP, if they can couple that with an ARM CPU as good as the M1 they could be on to a winner.

Nvidia are doing the same BTW, smart move, you don't want to be late to this party if it is a party.

Interesting admission from the Intel source....

UK16jn1.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably the smart thing to do X86 is still overwhelmingly dominant in the PC space but there is clear writing on the wall, besides Nvidia AMD have the best graphics IP, if they can couple that with an ARM CPU as good as the M1 they could be on to a winner.

Nvidia are doing the same BTW, smart move, you don't want to be late to this party if it is a party.

Interesting admission from the Intel source....

UK16jn1.png

From how I understand the AMD topology, the IO die design means AMD can drop pretty much whatever hardware they like behind it and everything the operating system is requesting is handled behind it.

Want 16 cores of RISK and 64 of X86? no problem. The IO die will pretty much just handle it.

Soldato
Been on a Macbook with Apple Silicon since 2021 and it has been a brilliant experience. I just can't see Microsoft and Qualcomm managing to put together something so seamless. Even though the demos look promising.

Time will tell...

Back
Top Bottom