Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Thanks, yes. The missus said 'I thought we had agreed black'...I was like no...

19" wheels
comfort and sound pack
reverse camera
cruise control
extended lighting pack
piano black interior
leather seats.

Things I wish it had...matrix LED lights, DRC with the suspension setting - I think it's called DRC with sport suspension + but trying to find one below the agreed max budget with all of this was almost impossible. Got £1000 for the Mini so couldn't really say no. Not sure if it's possible to retro fit any of this stuff.

Planning to keep it for a long long time until they decide what they are doing in 2035 onwards.

But a lot more comfortable than the mini, and also quieter inside too.

Don't change cars that often (this is my 3rd car ever) so can't see myself changing any time soon.

Pretty much exactly the same spec as mine. I’ve got the tech pack too with virtual cockpit and matrix LED.

I would honestly say that they’re nice to haves, not must haves.

Speakers are a different story though. I’ve got the B&O system and it’s abysmal.

I’ve just spent £1.2k on some speakers/custom cables/custom mounting plates to try and sort it out.

In the stock system, you don't need to spend as much as that, but it'll still be a good £800 investment if you don't find it good enough.

If you're ever down on the south coast, give me a bell - I can show you round the led matrix lights etc. I promise you that you'll quickly realise you don't need them.

Associate
Yea, I didn't think the Matrix headlights would be a deal breaker tbh. The tech is 13 years newer than that in my mini so anything would be an improvement.

I haven't had the car long enough to really judge the sound system. From what I've used of it, I think it is fine for now, might need to tweak the bass settings etc.

I test drove a car that had the sports suspension plus and it was nice, but now my car doesn't have it, I don't think I miss it.

I will give it some thought though.

Soldato
Yea, I didn't think the Matrix headlights would be a deal breaker tbh. The tech is 13 years newer than that in my mini so anything would be an improvement.

I haven't had the car long enough to really judge the sound system. From what I've used of it, I think it is fine for now, might need to tweak the bass settings etc.

I test drove a car that had the sports suspension plus and it was nice, but now my car doesn't have it, I don't think I miss it.

I will give it some thought though.

If you’ve got the B&O system, I’ve found the best settings are:

Treble -3
Bass +1
Sub +2
3D sound off (makes it sound artificial IMO)
Surround sound middle (makes the sound come from everywhere)
Focus all
Fader -2 clicks to the rear

3D sound engages the dashboard midrange drivers and the upper A pillar tweeters.

Surround sound increases the rear mid range speaker volume. On the estate, I think they’re on the rear pillar.

Associate
If you’ve got the B&O system, I’ve found the best settings are:

Treble -3
Bass +1
Sub +2
3D sound off (makes it sound artificial IMO)
Surround sound middle (makes the sound come from everywhere)
Focus all
Fader -2 clicks to the rear

3D sound engages the dashboard midrange drivers and the upper A pillar tweeters.

Surround sound increases the rear mid range speaker volume. On the estate, I think they’re on the rear pillar.
Will check out those settings.

Thanks.

Added one more photo to my post.

Soldato
Completed my paint decontamination, correction and protection at the weekend.

I did all the glass too with ceriglass and gtechniq G1.

Inside, I did a full clean of the front mats, leather and added leather protection.

In all, it took about 15 hours, but I’m well happy with the results.

Reactions: nam
Soldato
Picked up the Sennheiser Ambeo Earphones the other day, so I can do some before and after testing of sound damping and speaker changes from my auditory perspective, as they also have binaural mics.

Should arrive today :)

Then it’ll be speaker upgrade time on the weekend.

nam

nam

Soldato
Completed my paint decontamination, correction and protection at the weekend.

I did all the glass too with ceriglass and gtechniq G1.

Inside, I did a full clean of the front mats, leather and added leather protection.

In all, it took about 15 hours, but I’m well happy with the results.

super looks like my old navarra blue S4 B9 saloon. pity Audi stopped selling the S4 V6 petrol in the UK

Soldato

'Only' 300bhp, a cheap plastic interior and 100k miles - no thanks.
But great if you're looking for bling black and silver body kits and wheels

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I recall @Housey driving one on track and saying it was ****, understeering everywhere, etc.

The engine is brilliant, but the rest of the car is a bit pap isn't it? Just get an RS3 :cool:

Soldato
Any Q5 owners in here? Planning to get rid of the 435i beginning of next year and they seem to fit the bill for everything I want in the next car. The missus has bought an 18 TT so would feel a bit pointless buying another cab or a coupe.

Trying to decide between doing what I’ve always done an just buy a car 3/4 years old or I may change over to a lease for this first time. The idea of owning a new car and it being relatively hassle free ownership is quite appealing. But with current lead times looks like I need to be thinking about ordering now if I do.

Those with one what’s your opinion on them? Any must have options?

Those with some on order what’s the lead time been like/how has pricing worked out for you.

Soldato
spoke to the dealer today SQ2 is build complete but awaiting components due to semi conductor shortages eta September. There was. Me thinking things were getting back to normal

dod

dod

Soldato
Has anyone any experience of magride shocks failing and approximate replacement costs? Also, I understand they can be replaced with coilovers. Any one done this and wished they hadn't?

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone any experience of magride shocks failing and approximate replacement costs? Also, I understand they can be replaced with coilovers. Any one done this and wished they hadn't?
£200/corner on a TTS about 4 years ago. That was at Audi Crewe. I think TTOC members get 10% discount so it might be £220. But it really depends how complicated your fitting process is. On the TT it’s very easy.

dod

dod

Soldato
Thanks. It's on a car I was looking at which had advisories on the magride, apparently three were misted. The dealer was saying it would be about £3k to replace all four. I've not looked into it at all at this stage but might get an acquaintance who has a garage to give it a look over for me.

Back
Top Bottom