Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
RS brakes are very expensive, I looked into it a while ago when I was looking at an RS5, looked a £4-5k job (at the main dealer).

Associate
I mean I'm not planning to sell this car any time soon, it's my dream car, and I'm not one for changing cars every other year. It's my 3rd car.

I want to look after it, but not pay ridonkulous prices for servicing - within reason.

Would you be able to recommend a decent place to get the parts from myself?

It's a 2018 RS4.

Thanks

Last edited:
Don
The problem is likely whether there are any non Audi parts actually available, given that they look to be exclusive to the RS models.
(And even if they are made by e.g. Brembo they may have a specific contract with Audi that stops them being sold elsewhere)

E.g. euro car parts and the like don't necessarily list any discs

Soldato
Autodoc have Zimmermann discs for around £370 each and pads about £150
so I’d expect a full front/rear brake replacement to be about 1.8k at any place other than a Audi dealer.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
How useless are the rear seats in the 8S TT? Looking at the TTRS as it has "back seats for the kids".....

Last edited:
Soldato
How useless are the rear seats in the 8S TT? Looking at the TTRS as it has "back seats for the kids".....
Ive had a 2016 TTS now since december. Great car for a single person or maybe with a partner but no the back seats are not for humans... just a storage shelf.

I have fitted a small teenager in the passenger side back seat for a short journey with the passenger seat quite far forward and all i heard was complaints about it being cramped and uncomfortable. So in short you can use the passenger one for short journeys assuming the person is small... under 5.8 i would think.

However the boot is really quite spacious and with the back "seats" down ( they drop down flat ) you can easily fit a bike ( front wheel off ) as well as plenty of bags and clothes etc for a weekend get away with the Mrs.

Its actually a very practical car for a single person or a couple!

great fun to drive and very nice all round.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Really wanted one, had to go for an S3 instead as I occasionally like passengers.
Had an 8P S3 before kids. Was very quick and competent but not "fun". I need a 2+2 that will bring me smiles like my Caterham but I'm really struggling to find anything. I suspect the car I want does not exist, or is well out of my budget..
Whilst the TTRS isn't even as good as an M2, it's arguably worth it for the engine alone..

Last edited:
Associate
So after nearly 6 years of onwnership and no issues whatsoever... The Offside Front Brake has started sticking :( Its a 2014 A5. It had new pads a couple of years ago.
Such a shame that nobody seems to bother rebuilding these and they go straight for replacements, especially how straightforward it is to do on the most basic of single piston calipers.

Associate
Such a shame that nobody seems to bother rebuilding these and they go straight for replacements, especially how straightforward it is to do on the most basic of single piston calipers.
I personally would quite happily rebuild them. Only problem being its the family car and cant afford for it to be off the road for too long. We're also in the process of moving from Hampshire back up to Norfolk so i don't really have the spare time to get my hands dirty.

Associate
I personally would quite happily rebuild them. Only problem being its the family car and cant afford for it to be off the road for too long. We're also in the process of moving from Hampshire back up to Norfolk so i don't really have the spare time to get my hands dirty.
Get the kit from big red / ebay delivered to you, once you jack the car up and remove the 2 bolts holding the caliper and the hose it's 30 mins to get the seals sorted (plenty youtube guides around, all single piston front calipers follow the same principle) . The fronts really are straightforward, rears can be a pain in the proverbial depending on the handbrake setup.

Back
Top Bottom