• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

best sub £200 cpu for gaming

Soldato
I'm not 100% on this so @tamzzy may have an insight but... depending on ther x99 CPU you have lets take a punt at 5820k. and the GPU is a 5700xt with £400 to spend would it not be better to grab a GPU.
i remember picking up a 5700xt about 18 months ago to play with and at 1080p it was very bad.

im not saying you dont need a new CPU but assuming you have 6c/12t would the GPU not be a better first choice.
for me a second hand 6800xt for £350 would be a massive upgrade even with an x99 CPU

around September last year i upgraded the son pc that have a Skylake i7, the CPU was fast enough for for 5700xt but just lacked core's, again assuming you have 6c/12t

there is a lot of people still using Ryzen 3600's, im sure Haswell was not fair off the same speed

Last edited:
Soldato
No point spending money on a dead socket or one without an upgrade path so AM5 is the way to go.

If you don't mind going secondhand, you might be able to pickup a 7600 for around £140-£150 on eBay & then put the money you've saved towards an AIO if you really want one.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not 100% on this so @tamzzy may have an insight but... depending on ther x99 CPU you have lets take a punt at 5820k. and the GPU is a 5700xt with £400 to spend would it not be better to grab a GPU.
I can't be arsed helping in this thread as op is being deliberately vague when asked about thier current exact spec.

Man of Honour
1650 V2 with a good overclock and fast RAM can still hang in there just about - you'd have to upgrade your GPU to see any gains - I was barely bottlenecking a 3070 with mine.

EDIT: Never updated this one but I managed another 3-4% with a bit of tweaking:

yUGMwjt.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom