• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best thermal paste

Soldato
after Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut ran out I bought the MX 6 when it was on offer and will be sticking with it now not seeing any difference and its cheaper

Man of Honour
I quite like Artics newish MX6. Easy to spread and works well.

I can't remember which way around it is MX-4 or MX-6 but one of them is much easier to spread (and more tolerant of application approach) than the other, though both are really easy to use. But as before MX-6's performance advantage only really shows if you are trying to cool a hot running CPU - you don't see the same temperature decreases even under load on more efficient CPUs compared to MX-4 as you do with stuff like the Intel 14th gen.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not too bothered about a couple of degrees difference, but I would be interested in knowing which pastes I should be looking at for longevity? I tend not to swap out parts too often, so a paste that will be effective for several years is what I'm after!

Soldato
This is the kind of thing I used to obsess over but now I just grab whatever. Seems to matter even less now with some of the low power cpus like mine.
Used MX4 last time, can't say I've ever found one much better than the other.
Don't think I've ever kept a CPU long enough to worry about longevity either, but I guess with the temp displayed on my mobo it would be easy to spot if something was amiss.

Last edited:
Soldato
Posted this the other day in the Overclocking and Cooling sub thread....I'd says its a pretty good argument for MX-6 :p

Whilst I've not had any issues with TM Kryonaut I certainly won't be buying it again.....

XrbJRUR.jpg

They both cost the same give or take a few pence

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I use the following:

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
Kingpin Cooling KPx

I've had no issues with performance on both of them.

Man of Honour
Posted this the other day in the Overclocking and Cooling sub thread....I'd says its a pretty good argument for MX-6 :p

Whilst I've not had any issues with TM Kryonaut I certainly won't be buying it again.....

They both cost the same give or take a few pence
haha, same, bought an 8g tube of mx6 to replace my recently used up 8g tube of mx4 bought in 2019 :cry:

Back
Top Bottom