Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Anyone been to Baffle Haus?

I've got Monday off and currently the weather is looking perfect for a 5 hour bimble down and back through some nice Wales and Herefordshire roads.

Associate
Renewal quote came through today, last year £270, this year £1800 for a GSXR750, 6 years NCD.
Went on comparethemarket as usual - only had one quote available at £600, all others refused to quote :eek:
Went on confused.com, got a quote from almost every insurer, mostly £200-250...

No idea what the hell happened there, but a PSA to check multiple comparison sites :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone been to Baffle Haus?

I've got Monday off and currently the weather is looking perfect for a 5 hour bimble down and back through some nice Wales and Herefordshire roads.

Breifly yes.
Its very small and almost always rammed with bikes & sport cars. (On weekends at least).

I wouldnt say its worth it on that lone but many people seem to rate it.

Man of Honour
210 miles, 6 hours 15 minutes of riding and only one potato tried to wipe me out.

Lovely day though Wales, didn't manage quite to hit baffle haus.

Sat nav was a little over optimistic with times considering it sent me down some large stretches of NSL track that I didn't break 25mph on, but still a great day out in the sunshine.

Soldato
Renewal quote came through today, last year £270, this year £1800 for a GSXR750, 6 years NCD.
Went on comparethemarket as usual - only had one quote available at £600, all others refused to quote :eek:
Went on confused.com, got a quote from almost every insurer, mostly £200-250...

No idea what the hell happened there, but a PSA to check multiple comparison sites :D
Yea insurance companies are weird.

I've honestly never done anything remotely dodgy trying to get cheaper quotes or whatever, but I tried Direct Line just to see, mostly because of "The Wolf" adverts they had at the time, sad I know but I loved that movie.

Anyway I live in a good area for insurance, standard car, 10+ years no claims and they outright refused to insure me, didn't even give a proper reason.

So no idea....

The point is I think some weird **** goes on in the background and if you fall outside of whatever that is, you'll get stupid quotes or just no.

Caporegime
Pretty sure their "algorithm" looks like this:

wheel-of-fortune-wheel.gif

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Had a quick browse and most bikes are 1.5k more than last time I looked during winter. lol I know bikes are cheaper during winter, but didn't think it would be such a big difference...

Soldato
Winter very good time to buy just after Christmas peoples credit cards take a hit & there misses want money, summer good time to sell for obvious reasons.

Associate
Took mine out on (last) Tuesday and really enjoyed it. Rode up to Matlock Bath, then up through Buxton way and back down to Derby. Then called in at the Superbike Factory at Donington Park for a peruse.

Back
Top Bottom