• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Soldato
I think we all know a 5070 isn't going to match a 4090 as it would need to be 103% faster than a 4070 according to the above chart, even just matching a 4080 would mean an increase of 58% and thats probably stretching it, a 35% bump would mean it matches the 4070ti super and is probably around where its going to land.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lets deal with these false statements being thrown about ...

Data taken from Techpowerup's latest gpu review the ASUS 7900 GRE TUF. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-7900-gre-tuf/

"My 4050 Ti is faster than a 3090 and runs on less than half the watts." I'm guessing you mistyped 4070 TI as that is what you own.

They compare FE models here in the data 3090 FE and 4070 TI

JaCrkwJ.png

Zyh9xjk.png

ZSbthMX.png

Now the statements comparing these cards you have made on more than one occasion now are false, so going to reply to this because it is misleading and blatantly false information.

You state the 4070Ti vs the 3090 is faster and uses less than half the power.. as you see from the results the cards in FE form actually perform exactly the same in stock state. Also the 4070Ti does not use less than half the power of a 3090, max power use data above and other data for power use here https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-7900-gre-tuf/39.html so you can cherry pick your data chart with none showing what you state.

As you see from the performance data there is zero difference at 4K at stock and the Max power use data shows the 3090 only uses 68W more used and remember the 3090 has 24GB VRAM so that uses more power too as it is double the 4070TI's 12GB VRAM.. other data there will show different data for each tests done, but using the max power use data here. None show the 4070Ti uses less than half the power of a 3090 as you state.

chCkBV4.gif

Another triggered 3090 user identified :D

Oh noes, I've been debunked!

Actually I am running Horizon Forbidden Dawn between 120-140w undervolted. At 140W I get around stock performance and at 120W it is only a small single digit performance loss over stock.

Not sure what the 3090 undervolts to keeping stock performance but I am guessing 280W based on all the stuff I recall. All that redundant vram takes up a lot of juice you know :p:cry:

No doubt incoming a reply saying stock is all that counts even though no one in the know these days runs it like that :cry:

Soldato
Another triggered 3090 user identified :D

Oh noes, I've been debunked!

Actually I am running Horizon Forbidden Dawn between 120-140w undervolted. At 140W I get around stock performance and at 120W it is only a small single digit performance loss over stock.

Not sure what the 3090 undervolts to keeping stock performance but I am guessing 280W based on all the stuff I recall. All that redundant vram takes up a lot of juice you know :p:cry:

No doubt incoming a reply saying stock is all that counts even though no one in the know these days runs it like that :cry:

FXUmApD.gif

Proving the yellow text right at top of the forums is useless and just wasting space at the top of the page... :rolleyes:
Clear trolling and none stop baiting/phishing people with comments not even relevant to the thread topic.... Then crys "Another triggered 3090 user identified
:D
" Wow really..

Trolling and/or deliberately derailing threads will lead to a graphics card strike, as laid out here.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
FXUmApD.gif

Proving this below in yellow text right at top of the forums is useless and just wasting space at the top of the page... :rolleyes:
Clear trolling and none stop baiting/phishing people with comments not even relevant to the tread topic.... Then crys "Another triggered 3090 user identified
:D
" Wow really..

Trolling and/or deliberately derailing threads will lead to a graphics card strike, as laid out here.

Not sure if serious tbh.

Soldato
Not sure if serious tbh.
Very serious actually... it has become pitiful on the graphics section as it seems to be now run by 2-3 members with their agenda now .. When shown the facts these members reply with such comments triggered and blaa blaa this and that. It's become childish and worse than even Reddit now on the graphics section. Anyways can't be bothered anymore with this section, soon the 2-3 members will talk to each other on here only, while rest of us move to forums with adults on.

Caporegime
I could be wrong but iirc, in @TNA case the 4070ti is better than a 3090ti in perf etc. as doesn't the 4070 series crumble or rather not see as much of a gain at 4k due to the bandwith? Where as at lower resolutions such as his main res. 3440x1440 or 1.78x that with dldsr or when using just dlss, it would in fact see a 4070ti take over a 3090/ti? Personally I sooner take a 4070ti over a 3090/ti any day of the week given the price diff and having access to FG and the extra vram is still yet to show any real benefit outside of niche scenarios/badly optmised titles.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I could be wrong but iirc, in @TNA case the 4070ti is better than a 3090ti in perf etc. as doesn't the 4070 series crumble or rather not see as much of a gain at 4k due to the bandwith? Where as at lower resolutions such as his main res. 3440x1440 or 1.78x that with dldsr or when using just dlss, it would in fact see a 4070ti take over a 3090/ti? Personally I sooner take a 4070ti over a 3090/ti any day of the week given the price diff and having access to FG and the extra vram is still yet to show any real benefit outside of niche scenarios/badly optmised titles.

Yep. It is better than a 3090 Ti unless you insist on playing 4K native.

As you know I play with DLSS so in other words it is better than a 3090 Ti would be for me. And yes I would take a 4070 Ti over a 3090 Ti any day. Easy choice for me.

Associate
It wasn’t like you would sit there for weeks with your finger over an OOS button hoping it will come back in.

You set alerts, then just carried on as normal and if it went of you just clicked the link on your phone then added to basket and paid.
This is all I did, making sure I kept visiting the vendor site every morning to check I was still logged in to speed up the checkout process.

Was surprised how easy it was. .

Associate
You state the 4070Ti vs the 3090 is faster and uses less than half the power.. as you see from the results the cards in FE form actually perform exactly the same in stock state. Also the 4070Ti does not use less than half the power of a 3090, max power use data above and other data for power use here https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-7900-gre-tuf/39.html so you can cherry pick your data chart with none showing what you state.
I don't think the max power consumption of a graphics card is particularly relevant. In real world gaming usage the sensible thing to do is limit the frame rate just below your monitor's refresh rate to use VRR. The V-Sync 60Hz chart from your own link shows that the 4070 Ti benefits from this much more than the 3090.

power-vsync.png

Associate
If you did not manage to get one then I would say not much at all :p

I got one without an issue and got friends and family to get them too. Sold the codes that came with it and worked out under £600 :D

Best part is it got eventually sold to CEX for £1620 :D
I think you're being disengenuous. Why would you get 1620 for a card if they were so easy to get? That seems paradoxical there, guy.

I spent countless tuesdays and thursdays from 11am to 1pm refreshing bestbuy for the weekly drop - I call bs on getting a phone notification. They'd be long gone by the time the notification arrived. I know this, because like 30 times I managed to refresh within a couple seconds of the drop, would get one in cart, then the site would bomb out and go unresponsive.

And since every other store but bestbuy(and maybe Microcenter for americans) were charging scalperprices, they were all irrelevant.

I think a lot more people paid for a scalped 3000 series than would care to admit it. I saw them selling on kajiji.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think you're being disengenuous. Why would you get 1620 for a card if they were so easy to get? That seems paradoxical there, guy.

I spent countless tuesdays and thursdays from 11am to 1pm refreshing bestbuy for the weekly drop - I call bs on getting a phone notification. They'd be long gone by the time the notification arrived. I know this, because like 30 times I managed to refresh within a couple seconds of the drop, would get one in cart, then the site would bomb out and go unresponsive.

And since every other store but bestbuy(and maybe Microcenter for americans) were charging scalperprices, they were all irrelevant.

I think a lot more people paid for a scalped 3000 series than would care to admit it. I saw them selling on kajiji.

Exaggerated a little maybe, I'll give you that. But disingenuous? No. I am telling you my experience.

No need to refresh anything. You got a alert, you quickly paid for it as fast as you could. That's how I did it and people I told how it worked. No way I and more than a handful of others I helped managed it if it was not possible.

I am not saying it was super simple to get like as if they were sitting there on the shelves. I am saying if you knew what's what and could react fast enough it was not impossible like some make it sound like.

Associate
Exaggerated a little maybe, I'll give you that. But disingenuous? No. I am telling you my experience.

No need to refresh anything. You got a alert, you quickly paid for it as fast as you could. That's how I did it and people I told how it worked. No way I and more than a handful of others I helped managed it if it was not possible.

I am not saying it was super simple to get like as if they were sitting there on the shelves. I am saying if you knew what's what and could react fast enough it was not impossible like some make it sound like.
Maybe it was different in the UK but in north america, there simply wasn't enough time to recieve an alert and click to get to the website. You had to be refreshing when the drop occurred, and you had to get lucky enough to have your browser get in alongside the 500 bots or whatever.

When there's more bots than people, and bots do it all instantly, how can you go through the "notification process". The idea of being notified of a drop is actually striking me as funny from my experiences with bestbuy.ca. Even refreshing the moment the drop occurred in real time wouldn't get you a card. Let alone going through a drop notification heh

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Maybe it was different in the UK but in north america, there simply wasn't enough time to recieve an alert and click to get to the website. You had to be refreshing when the drop occurred, and you had to get lucky enough to have your browser get in alongside the 500 bots or whatever.

When there's more bots than people, and bots do it all instantly, how can you go through the "notification process". The idea of being notified of a drop is actually striking me as funny from my experiences with bestbuy.ca. Even refreshing the moment the drop occurred in real time wouldn't get you a card. Let alone going through a drop notification heh

Launch day was like that here. But then after it got better.

Soldato

It wasn't different in UK ether, you get the alert click it they were gone in the couple of secs you clicked, they were all taken by bots instantly. Was same story everywhere in the world so ignore the odd lucky one that did get one or used a bot ;).

Soldato
Launch day was like that here. But then after it got better.
No it didn't get better after. Even to the end of the generation was same story for 3080s, 3060s, 3060tis, 3070s as the miners and scalpers wanted them so were bot attacked or people sat there to buy them to scalp them or sell them to cex as you did. Even the 3090s got targetted at one point too when the prices of them hit £2500-£3000. Was a poop show all round for the 30 series and even the retailers added to it by cancelling pre-orders and making people pay the new prices they set.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No it didn't get better after. Even to the end of the generation was same story for 3080s, 3060s, 3060tis, 3070s as the miners and scalpers wanted them so were bot attacked or people sat there to buy them to scalp them or sell them to cex as you did. Even the 3090s got targetted at one point too when the prices of them hit £2500-£3000. Was a poop show all round for the 30 series and even the retailers added to it by cancelling pre-orders and making people pay the new prices they set.

Mate. Am I not allowed to tell people my experience? For me it definitely got better. On launch all the website were constantly crashing for me. The days me, my family and friends got one there was none of that. So yes, it did get better.

I think the problem here is, I say it got better, you hear there was pyramids of stock everywhere and it was super easy to get.

Associate
I mean the amount of miners just grew and grew until the fork. And founder cards never went LHR right? Man, no wonder bestbuy was impossible. I had to build my rig the hard way, by refreshing kajiji like 10 times a day and getting unicorn deals from casuals who didn't understand what they had, like 400 dollar RX 5700's, and a few lucky strokes like being in the actual physical local memoryexpress when the first batch of 6700xt's were put out, before they jacked the price on em. Wasn't the flashiest mining card, and I have the worst memory, but I think the 6700xt's I bought actually tripled their cost and I sold them after the fork for only like 100 less than I paid for them. I miss mining, that was a fun hobby. I was terrified going to work though, scared that I was leaving my dogs to burn alive. I refreshed nicehash(yea I know) like every half hour to make sure I hadn't burned down the house yet

Back
Top Bottom