• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Caporegime
Mate. Am I not allowed to tell people my experience? For me it definitely got better. On launch all the website were constantly crashing for me. The days me, my family and friends got one there was none of that. So yes, it did get better.

I think the problem here is, I say it got better, you hear there was pyramids of stock everywhere and it was super easy to get.

No issues here either and also know a couple of people IRL who also had no issues getting a 3080 FE. The retailer nvidia used for UK had slightly better anti bot measures in place such as changing the URL each time, captcha and limiting to 1 purchase. Certainly no chance of getting one if you just relied upon reading forums here, refreshing manually yourself but with the right setup/prep, definetly achievable and not just a case of having to use a bot yourself to secure one.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
Hypothetically, had the 4090 existed during the mining boom, I can't imagine the price scalpers would have sold it for

Last edited:
Soldato
I got my RTX3060TI by seeing a random alert on HUKD, clicking through the deal and getting one. There was a big drop of cards during the summer just before the RX6600XT was released - think it was MLID or RGT which mentioned it beforehand so that was helpful.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep. Huge difference in performance. The 3090 was so over priced for what it was.
Ampere would have been significantly better if Nvidia hadn't tried to cheap out with Samsung and gone with TSMC.

The reason 4090 looks so unreasonably powerful is because the 3090 was hamstrung by Samsung's node otherwise the leap would not have been so huge.

Caporegime
Wasn't there also only a couple of fps difference between the 3080 vs 3090 but they had a huge price difference between them

Pretty much, depending on the game, 3090 could see a larger uplift to about 15% but on average, the difference was/is like 5-10%, of course, you get that extremely beneficial 24gb vram which has very obviously been worth the extra £750.... :p

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Pretty much, depending on the game, 3090 could see a larger uplift to about 15% but on average, the difference was/is like 5-10%, of course, you get that extremely beneficial 24gb vram which has very obviously been worth the extra £750.... :p

Small difference at 1080/1440, bigger difference at 4K, or least that’s what I found.

Tried to get a 4090FE on launch but they were sold out the instant the link went live. Setup a Telegram alert and picked one up at the first attempt on the second FE drop. Wondered what all the fuss was TBH as it was very easy as long as you were aware of the alert as soon as it pinged.

Soldato
Small difference at 1080/1440, bigger difference at 4K, or least that’s what I found.

Tried to get a 4090FE on launch but they were sold out the instant the link went live. Setup a Telegram alert and picked one up at the first attempt on the second FE drop. Wondered what all the fuss was TBH as it was very easy as long as you were aware of the alert as soon as it pinged.

40 series are easy to get and no bots or scalpers. Not the same as the 30 series.

The few scalpers tried but failed with the 4080s.. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Mate. Am I not allowed to tell people my experience? For me it definitely got better. On launch all the website were constantly crashing for me. The days me, my family and friends got one there was none of that. So yes, it did get better.

I think the problem here is, I say it got better, you hear there was pyramids of stock everywhere and it was super easy to get.

0QyJ4YK.gif

Got better.... :rolleyes:

Even LHR cards didn't help... was Nvidia just pretending to care.

Last edited:
Soldato
This may be part of your problem, you need to loosen up a little when it comes to forums/online. A lot of stuff doesn't translate well and isn't meant how you think it is or maliciously.

I have never seen someone post a mic drop gif on their own post. Talk about inflated ego lol.
Went from mic drop to a flounce in like 2 posts.

Last edited:
Associate
Wasn't there also only a couple of fps difference between the 3080 vs 3090 but they had a huge price difference between them

It kinda worked for Nvidia, they saw how much people were willing to spend on the "halo" card, regardless of how much more powerful it was to the next card in the stack.
Then took it one further with the laughable performance gap between the 80 and 90 series for the 4000 series, without bothering to alter the price of the 80 to reflect how far behind it was compared to the 90.
Then knocked another £200 off practically the same card 18 months later, still a terrible value card and loads of people saw it and said wow, what a great deal it is now.

Soldato

0QyJ4YK.gif

Got better.... :rolleyes:

Even LHR cards didn't help... was Nvidia just pretending to care.

That Jeremy Clarkson gif I imagine is the face Lisa Su does when Radeon division talks about RDNA RT performance

Soldato
I wonder if scalping will be much of an issue this year especially for those that sell on ebay and other auctioning sites? Since the gov has announced sales over £2k i think, resale sites like ebay will need to send this information to HMRC. I cant remember the exact details but its something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom