Soldato
Yep. The bowling ball wasn’t a problem.. it was the guy stood behind them ! Dropped a lovely shield mind
in that case it's a toughie but I guess you need to make your way over Lyndell, but theres a million things that will take you off in opposite directions between now and then, it's quite a long jaunt. The dude after the bowling ball was a pain in the ass, I struggled more with him and the draconic tree sentinels outside of Lyndell and Maliketh than anyone else in the game. I got stuck on the Lyndell one for about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite enjoying this now I've got into the flow - level 22 and exploring the South mainly, tried some boss near a ransacked castle (near some jellyfish), but might have to come back to it later; get it down to half health then get mullered.

Champion the wonder horse is quite handy, especially with the double jump - certainly useful taking down some massive bloke outside said ransacked castle; dodging his mahoosive arrows :D

Associate
Will give it another crack when the little ones goes to bed, but the controls feel a bit off - I keep getting instances after panning, where the movement has zeor deadzone and the character moves/spins wildly for a second, then carries on as normal. Happens on both my pads and even after a full console shutdown. Turned off the auto centering camera and reduced the camera speed, so it's made this issue less annoying now.

One of my pads developed a bad drift in the left stick - I've bought a replacement potentiometer for a few quid and will be giving it a crack this week - will report back on if it works and how difficult it was :eek:

Soldato
Got to the gargoyles in nokron - that’s a nope from me. My first brick wall. Thank god they’re optional. I will level up my gear and return later.

Soldato
Got to the gargoyles in nokron - that’s a nope from me. My first brick wall. Thank god they’re optional. I will level up my gear and return later.

Used to be easy before they patched the cliff dive cheese, or so I have read! :p

My advice is to take down gargoyle 1 ASAP before his mate turns up. It’s definitely possible but you might need to level up a bit.

There’s a mini boss right by this one if you haven’t tackled it already. You should be able to see the boss arena from the gargoyle arena :)

Well, when I say right by - it’s a long jump :p

Soldato
Tried luring them over to the waterfall cliff, as I’d hope they’d dive straight off.. turns out they’re immune to cliff diving, but I’m not apparently. :p I got the first one down to quarter health, with a bladed weapon ! Turns out blunt, holy enchanted work out better. I summoned that D guy, and my mimic ash, still got stomped. It’s okay, I’ll come back. Can’t let one defeat put me off :D

Soldato
Yeah you have to really lay into the first one and take him out asap. It’s much more manageable then.

Done quite a few bosses today. Optional ones and mini plus Godrick. Just riding around it’s a great sandbox to get lost in.

Soldato
My only gripe so far in is smithing stones and somber smithing seem very very few and far between. Makes upgrading weapons such a chore sometimes. Especially if you want to try a new weapon out properly.

Soldato
My only gripe so far in is smithing stones and somber smithing seem very very few and far between. Makes upgrading weapons such a chore sometimes. Especially if you want to try a new weapon out properly.

There are things you can find that unlock some upgrade materials available from the trader in roundtable hold that helps, but yeah you also have to go looking for resources for some of the higher level stones and some seem to drop infrequently. Just explore as many caves/mines as you can - it will help.

Associate
Yeah, early on can be tough getting smithing stones. But, a lot of monsters can drop them, and later on if you find some
bell bearings
you can use them to unlock more items for purchase at the round table including various tiers of smithings stones.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers guys !

Ended my playtime yesterday by farming some of those sleeping guys outside of mohgwyn palace (2,000 runes a pop, and there’s like, twenty of them) not sure if there’s an easier solution for quick levels? Anyhoo. Skipping the gargoyles for now will continue with the main story.

Soldato
Cheers guys !

Ended my playtime yesterday by farming some of those sleeping guys outside of mohgwyn palace (2,000 runes a pop, and there’s like, twenty of them) not sure if there’s an easier solution for quick levels? Anyhoo. Skipping the gargoyles for now will continue with the main story.
There is a bird you can farm there which is very good for fast levelling. If you shoot it it falls off and you get like 11k runes or something. He is down on the left near a lake if you stand at the site of grace. There are other items/talismans like the golden scarab which will increase your runes further if you wear them. Just search bird farm Elden Ring to see where he is at.

From memory he is precisely where you are with those sleeping dudes.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is a bird you can farm there which is very good for fast levelling. If you shoot it it falls off and you get like 11k runes or something. He is down on the left near a lake if you stand at the site of grace. There are other items/talismans like the golden scarab which will increase your runes further if you wear them. Just search bird farm Elden Ring to see where he is at.

Will give that a go later. Think I’m level 70 or something now. Just need a few more levels :D

Edit. Wow. So it’s in exactly the same spot I’m currently farming some runes. Happy days !

Last edited:
Soldato

Yep - good farming spot. I equip gear that maximises the number of runes you get from enemies and scoff a golden pickled fowl foot. Bosh the bird with a single arrow so it runs off the cliff and then go and Moonveil the hell out of all the enemies by the site of grace. Dash back and rest, rinse and repeat. Can get like 2 million+ runes in about an hour or so.

Soldato
Yeah it is. Needs a bit of dex to use it but it’s worth farming that bird to up your dex.

Actually 12 str, 18 dex and 23 int. It had a great Ash of War which eats bosses and it has bleed as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye. I’m using it now after levelling. Ashamedly I spent all afternoon on the gargoyle twins - no bueno, I just cannot do it lol. Best I got to was me and the last one left on quarter health. :( man this is kinda souring me/bumming me out.

Soldato
If I ever feel like that I just go at something else for a while. There is plenty to do!

Grabbed Moonveil as well. Needed 4 levels of dex but got that pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom