Everspace 2

Soldato
Visually it's really nice and it plays pretty fluid, it's a nice game, but in various ways it still feels like half a game. If the question is play or don't play, it's definitely a yes, go play it, it's worth experiencing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Associate
Ive enjoyed it. Only onto the 2nd main system (probably the endish of there as ive done loads) but ive properly hammered the side missions and got to the top level of renown or whatever its called. Think ive ruined it a bit for myself as i found it got way too easy. And now ive just got an Orange Legendary flak cannon which destroys almost everything very quickly. So will probably put that away and carry on with my lasers.

Its just a fun arcadey space shooter that i know would have been played to death when i was younger as i loved that.

Ive currently saved and got 500k cash. I cant figure out, do the Hangers that sell ships always have the same ones? Or do they rotate. Im sure i saw some better ships i wanted to buy somewhere and dont know if ive lost what shop it was or theyve just changed them. And what are the top level ships? Im seeing purple mark 3's i think the number they have. Or 3+'s?

Last edited:
Soldato
3+ is the top level, available at 17 - that's the max, unless you upgrade one of your followers in which point you get level 4 ships...but it's a fair old grind to get the materials to upgrade him so I suspect you'll have finished most of the content by then.

I was pretty disappointed that I got to the 'best' ship so quickly and easily by 17.

Soldato
Tier 4 is top level, which you only get access to once you complete the last stage of one of your companions perks, Tier 4 ships can also equip 2 legendary items instead 1 (you're limited to only having 1 on at a time with other ship tiers).

You can always notch the difficulty up midgame(and knock it back down later if it gets a bit too spicy) if you're finding your setup is swinging the odds in your favour too heavily.

Associate
Been trying to get into it, still on the fix satellite mission at the start but struggling to find it enjoyable. Looks really nice and think if I can get more into it it can be a good blast

Man of Honour
Playing this on XSX with gamepass and absolutely hooked. Not sure if I’ll make it to the end, but it’s a good stop gap to Starfield. Definitely bringing back freelancer/tachyon type vibes.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
Our next free update will be out this spring, called Incursions. A full paid expansion coming further down the line.

Oh and updating the game engine to UE5. LOTS happening still. Busy, busy, busy.

Soldato
I've been loving this recently, and really enjoy how the game deals with travelling between and within solar systems. Helps with immersion too, and gives a good sense of scale.

There's so many options and playstyles. As soon as I think I've found my fav (rail gun and beam laser) I hit a new level with a random weapon drop and everything changes again.

Just starting to get into Union properly now, around level 13. Will be looking to jump into a Tier II or even III ship soon. Might take the time to explore different ship styles too, Vindicator seems interesting but I think I'm leaning more toward Sentinel style of play.

Associate
I've been loving this recently, and really enjoy how the game deals with travelling between and within solar systems. Helps with immersion too, and gives a good sense of scale.

There's so many options and playstyles. As soon as I think I've found my fav (rail gun and beam laser) I hit a new level with a random weapon drop and everything changes again.

Just starting to get into Union properly now, around level 13. Will be looking to jump into a Tier II or even III ship soon. Might take the time to explore different ship styles too, Vindicator seems interesting but I think I'm leaning more toward Sentinel style of play.
There's no penalty for switching ships in monetary terms as the ships don't devalue, so if you want to try a ship out, but find it's not your thing, then you can sell it for near enough what you bought it for.

I'm a Gunship pilot, just love how tanky it is!

Soldato
There's no penalty for switching ships in monetary terms as the ships don't devalue, so if you want to try a ship out, but find it's not your thing, then you can sell it for near enough what you bought it for.

I'm a Gunship pilot, just love how tanky it is!
Thats true, its just tricky trying to find new stock rotations. Haven't quite figured out how far I need to travel before going back to get different ships in the hangar.

Bought a II+ Sentinel in end, though will jave to try a gunship/vindicator. I'm almost certain I'll find them too sluggish, but only one way to find out.

Associate
Thats true, its just tricky trying to find new stock rotations. Haven't quite figured out how far I need to travel before going back to get different ships in the hangar.

Bought a II+ Sentinel in end, though will jave to try a gunship/vindicator. I'm almost certain I'll find them too sluggish, but only one way to find out.
Ship stock rotates as time goes on, with one ship rotating after seven minutes, half of the ships after 14 minutes, and 75% after 28 minutes. All of the ships will have changed after 56 minutes. The stock only rotates while in supralight or in a different location. The whole stock can be refreshed every 10 minutes with Tareen's Ship Dealer Perk.

Back
Top Bottom