Gigabyte Aorus X670E Master

Associate
A 530 pound mobo and they don't include a manual?

I could understand a cheap motherboard not coming with a manual as it would save a tree and some dollar costs multiplied by several thousand in sales but the Master isn't a high volume motherboard.

Associate
Actually think it's better not to have manual. Waste of cost and resources. Just have the PDF online. It can be updated and isn't more landfill.
That’s fine unless you need to perform troubleshooting with the motherboard and it’s your only PC.

Yes, you can use your phone to view the manual but still, not ideal.

I’ve got 4 computers in total and I’ve still read the physical manual several times.

Soldato
That’s fine unless you need to perform troubleshooting with the motherboard and it’s your only PC.

Yes, you can use your phone to view the manual but still, not ideal.

I’ve got 4 computers in total and I’ve still read the physical manual several times.
Phone or tablet. I'm sorry but if you are buying a £500 mobo then you can find the manual online to use. No idea why not ideal. Do1wnload and save it to your phone files. Better than rummaging back in loft or garage for box and then the manual to dig out the info.

Associate
Anyone managed to get EXPO to work with 6000mhz memory on this board?

I've got a G-Skill Trident Z5 6000mhz kit (2 x 32gb sticks) but it won't boot when Expo is enabled.

It crashes, freezes with various Q-Codes and ends up trying to repair Windows.

I'm on Bios F7 for what it's worth.

I've noticed that IF is not set to Auto but rather 2000mhz, not sure if that's right either.

PC seems to work ok with Expo disabled but it would be nice to get the speed rated in Expo.

Associate
Anyone managed to get EXPO to work with 6000mhz memory on this board?

I've got a G-Skill Trident Z5 6000mhz kit (2 x 32gb sticks) but it won't boot when Expo is enabled.

It crashes, freezes with various Q-Codes and ends up trying to repair Windows.

I'm on Bios F7 for what it's worth.

I've noticed that IF is not set to Auto but rather 2000mhz, not sure if that's right either.

PC seems to work ok with Expo disabled but it would be nice to get the speed rated in Expo.
Just finished mine with the bits in my signature and found the same issue , mine is with 4 x 16 Gb , worked ok with Expo enabled until i added two remaining sticks so im guessing its still needed more bios releases maybe

Associate
Unless if the DRAM is single sided, the moment the 3rd and 4th RAM stick is put into the system, it will jump down to default max CPU capable speeds that are much lower than the speeds you've most likely purchased (3600MT). If you enabled EXPO settings previously, they will no longer be valid, and if you're lucky, a memory retrain will resolve any boot issues. If not, you'll need to default it to allow the CPU to automatically select what's best from the available RAM from its memory training.

It is unknown if future BIOS updates in such instances (4 sticks of RAM) will enable EXPO to work at better than allowing the system to memory train and choose the best settings from that automatically. As the limitation may be on the IMC on the CPU itself.

Associate
Unless if the DRAM is single sided, the moment the 3rd and 4th RAM stick is put into the system, it will jump down to default max CPU capable speeds that are much lower than the speeds you've most likely purchased (3600MT). If you enabled EXPO settings previously, they will no longer be valid, and if you're lucky, a memory retrain will resolve any boot issues. If not, you'll need to default it to allow the CPU to automatically select what's best from the available RAM from its memory training.

It is unknown if future BIOS updates in such instances (4 sticks of RAM) will enable EXPO to work at better than allowing the system to memory train and choose the best settings from that automatically. As the limitation may be on the IMC on the CPU itself.
Might need to sell 2 sticks then :(

Soldato
Is AM5 this bad with 4 sticks? I’ve read it in a couple of places. I remember this was sometimes an issue early with first gen Ryzen, I’m surprised it’s a problem now again.

Associate
Is AM5 this bad with 4 sticks? I’ve read it in a couple of places. I remember this was sometimes an issue early with first gen Ryzen, I’m surprised it’s a problem now again.
I had 4 sticks on my x570 aorus master and it would boot and run with XMP profile enabled and improved with as bios matured , its not a deal breaker for me and will have to wait it out to see if it improves

Sorry not trying to hi- jack thread but have the same issues by the sounds

Last edited:
Associate
In most cases it'll work, just needs a CMOS reset and then wait for the retrain. The main thing is you won't get the speeds you got that the kit is rated for. It'll default to the IMC default when fully populated and is all double sided RAM (for 3600MT speeds instead of whatever EXPO speeds it was supposed to have been)

I've personally got some 5600Mhz C36 ones in my setup; 4 x 32GB ones, so 128GB, and have absolutely no problems at all with them being found on first boot up (once I updated the BIOS). The only thing is it's defaulted to 3600Mhz but the memory training has also set them to a much lower C30 memory timingv at a lower 1.1v voltage rating as well (instead of 1.25v as per stock for these RAM kits I have).

It is unknown if future BIOS will allow me to push the memory to a higher speed, but that's why I purchased these ones (besides the fact they were the only cheapest ones still available at the time that is :p) so if it is possible, the RAM has some headroom. But if not, the memory training can likely take it down a notch of two on timings (and they have). So all good here (other than first BIOS boot which stalled, as it was horrible that first BIOS).

Soldato
Apologies, it’s me that’s hijacking the thread a little, I’m just suprised at the lack of AM5 memory/motherboard threads.

Seems like a bit of a gamble to buy such expensive motherboards and then hope the memory works in four slots at their rated speed down the line…

Associate
Ok, so I think I might have solved the Expo issue I was having at #9 above.

I wasn't sure at the time why the Infinity Fabric was set manually from default at 2000mhz, so I took another look at the Bios settings to see if there was an auto setting I could use.

Turns out there is an Auto setting for IF so I set that and also set the UCLK DIV to Auto, then set Expo to ON and saved it all.

Booted up without any of the previous issues and seems stable so far on Bios F7.

I was going to update to the latest 8h Bios but read that there is a problem with that version (MSI & ASUS have both withdrawn their versions with the AGESA 1004).

For now, it looks like F7 works for this memory, so hopefully these changes might work for some of the others in here who have similar problems with 6000mhz Expo memory.

Associate

I wasn't sure at the time why the Infinity Fabric was set manually from default at 2000mhz, so I took another look at the Bios settings to see if there was an auto setting I could use.

Turns out there is an Auto setting for IF so I set that and also set the UCLK DIV to Auto, then set Expo to ON and saved it all.

Booted up without any of the previous issues and seems stable so far on Bios F7.

I was going to update to the latest 8h Bios but read that there is a problem with that version (MSI & ASUS have both withdrawn their versions with the AGESA 1004).

For now, it looks like F7 works for this memory, so hopefully these changes might work for some of the others in here who have similar problems with 6000mhz Expo memory.
I will take a look at these settings if present on the Aorus elite board and see what happens , i have the agesa 1004 loaded at the moment as its in the latest beta bios but don't have any issues that i know of

edit; Hi , i checked the settings you mentioned and both were already in Auto on mine but i gave it a go and enabled EXPO and low and behold it booted with all four sticks in at 6000 MHZ timings 36,36,36,96 so will see how it goes going forward , tried a couple of restarts and still ok so fingers crossed,

Just noticed they pulled the beta bios im using with agesa 1004 as well , but ill stick unless its going to bork something

Last edited:
Associate

Thanks for this advice. I had just left my 6000Mhz ram at 4800Mhz as I couldn't get EXPO to work.

Changed the settings as above and working at rated OC speeds now :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom