Gray Zone Warfare

Soldato
Will be interesting if their servers can keep up with demand now us plebs can access it and not just streamers.

100% they are falling over day 1.....

If they can remove/switch off the headbob/sway - I'll take a look but usually count me out if that's not able to be turned off

Man of Honour
If they can remove/switch off the headbob/sway - I'll take a look but usually count me out if that's not able to be turned off

Something which drives me up the wall with especially "realism" games as it is something you cancel out automatically in real life so it makes no sense to simulate it... though some configurable amount of it is needed as some people feel like they are floating on ice, and don't like it, without some small amount of head bob.

Soldato
Something which drives me up the wall with especially "realism" games as it is something you cancel out automatically in real life so it makes no sense to simulate it... though some configurable amount of it is needed as some people feel like they are floating on ice, and don't like it, without some small amount of head bob.

You’ve literally explained why developers add head bob to games in your very post asking why developers do it :p

Man of Honour
You’ve literally explained why developers add head bob to games in your very post asking why developers do it :p

I'm replying to a post about the ability to turn it off - it seems to be more a minority these days but there was a trend for awhile for developers to put it in without any ability to disable it (or reduce it to negligible amounts). especially "realism" games where it was often turned up to the max.

EDIT: To be clearer it makes no sense to simulate it as a "realism" thing and force it on, some people need a small amount to feel connected to a game.

Last edited:
Associate
Supposed to be going into early access tomorrow? (April 30th)

First impressions is an open-world looter version of Insurgency and Insurgency: Sandstorm, which is not bad at all, Milsim-lite with fun mechanics and an emphasis on co-operative play.

Sadly I don't think MADFINGER GAMES will hit the mark, previous releases are entirely mobile games, going from some well recieved iOS and Android games to a full Realsim MMO-FPS sounds like a tale too often told before..Days Before as mentioned be a few of you earlier...

As a quick side note, looking at the Steam Page and their website, I get big vibes of mixed direction, is it a milsim like ARMA/Squad? A hardcore extraction shooter like EFT? or a Breakpoint esc open-world PVE with missions? Or all three? - Staff hirings are abudent which suggests a good need for resources, I don't see this being fully released and completely packaged for a good 2-3 years yet...

I do hope it hits and I hope it shakes up that niche of gaming community, especially following how greedy it's main competitor has been recently.

Associate
Looks like the main game itself is entirely PVE co-op with a PvEvP subsection or online mode?

It's PvEvP. You have 3 factions, 48 people per server, 16 on each faction (provided matchmaking works perfectly and it has enough people entering the match for each faction to have 16 people). These factions are then split into groups. You do PvE missions but come across ohter players either from your faction or different faction, similar to Tarkov in that sense. I think they have talked about having just PVE servers as well.

Also the servers are persistent, rounds don't end like in Tarks.

This is what the CEO of Madfinger said in previous videos, things may have changed slightly since then.

Last edited:
Associate
It's PvEvP. You have 3 factions, 48 people per server, 16 on each faction (provided matchmaking works perfectly and it has enough people entering the match for each faction to have 16 people). These factions are then split into groups. You do PvE missions but come across ohter players either from your faction or different faction, similar to Tarkov in that sense. I think they have talked about having just PVE servers as well.

Also the servers are persistent, rounds don't end like in Tarks.

This is what the CEO of Madfinger said in previous videos, things may have changed slightly since then.

They have stated two distinct modes, PVPVE (as you described) and PVE, it looks like the latter is coop.

Caporegime
Seems to be released?

Back
Top Bottom