Gray Zone Warfare

Soldato
Quality bug

cnureidm750d1.jpeg

Jeeze haha

Soldato
Loads of crashes today. Doing my head in. Although not quite as annoying as being insta headshot when landing at a LZ twice in a row.

EDIT
And another one, lost all my stuff this time and forgot all my active tasks. Anyone else got issues today?

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit more stable today but they need to sort the AI out. Got a 3.5x scope on a Mosin, head shot one and two turned directly towards me and started spraying. I run off zig-zagging and go prone behind a tree and a load of bushes and bullets still flying at me. Had to run even further back but they still track me with no vision.

Soldato
Loads of crashes today. Doing my head in. Although not quite as annoying as being insta headshot when landing at a LZ twice in a row.

EDIT
And another one, lost all my stuff this time and forgot all my active tasks. Anyone else got issues today?
What you running graphics wise? DLSS and especially fsr were awful for me. TSR has been 100% crash free.

Soldato
I like it but it needs a lot of work. AI have xray vision and today were warping through walls to kill me. Helicopter situation needs looking at. Only having 4 and no way of knowing where they are going until they have taken off again means it can take ages to get to / from an LZ especially if all flying far away. Vendor stuff is so cheap there really isn't the same jeopardy like Tarkov. I have just under 100k cash and can buy a full set of gear and gun for under 5k. There's not really anything good you can loot off the AI apart from some rare keys needed for quests and no loot spawns worth bothering with. Medical supplies, food and drink are all cheap although not had to buy much yet. There is no hideout so it is purely do quests and extract occasionally with a weapon from a non AI. Admittedly I'm only level 10 so may be different later.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like it but it needs a lot of work. AI have xray vision and today were warping through walls to kill me. Helicopter situation needs looking at. Only having 4 and no way of knowing where they are going until they have taken off again means it can take ages to get to / from an LZ especially if all flying far away. Vendor stuff is so cheap there really isn't the same jeopardy like Tarkov. I have just under 100k cash and can buy a full set of gear and gun for under 5k. There's not really anything good you can loot off the AI apart from some rare keys needed for quests and no loot spawns worth bothering with. Medical supplies, food and drink are all cheap although not had to buy much yet. There is no hideout so it is purely do quests and extract occasionally with a weapon from a non AI. Admittedly I'm only level 10 so may be different later.

When you start building the meta guns you're looking at about $5k for a gun. i have a feeling the economy is pretty cheap atm intentionally, given that like you said AI are spawning through walls (had that happen in bunker) and murdering you in what was 10 seconds before a cleared set of rooms and corridors. Once its more stable i'd imagine it's gonna be around $35k for a gun.

Soldato
People going for meta stuff will presumably have way more money than me anyway. It just needs fleshing out a bit.

Also, you need to be able to accidently run into the rear rotor on the helicopters. I feel this would be a good addition!

Soldato
What's people's views on this a few weeks in ? Does it have legs ? Feeling confident it will be Solid game ?
I think it's one to come back to in 6 months and see.

Lots of bug, very lacking in PvP at the moment - they need to improve this part. Shooting AI over and over gets boring quickly

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's one to come back to in 6 months and see.

Lots of bug, very lacking in PvP at the moment - they need to improve this part. Shooting AI over and over gets boring quickly

In fairness, lacking in pvp is definitely not something i've found. Although admittedly you have to go further afield for it to be a common thing. Your factions starter town will likely have zero pvp. Across the map though and at the big farming areas i've had hours of stalking, fighting and respawning for second, third and fourth rounds with people.

Soldato
What's people's views on this a few weeks in ? Does it have legs ? Feeling confident it will be Solid game ?

I think so. Still enjoying working through the tasks with some friends. Would like to see some more variety but I'm presuming that will come with just more time in the oven. Excited to see what's going on with ground zero etc. We'll be putting it down shortly I guess to just wait for the next patch of content, but it feels like it has a good base.

Can't say I've regularly ran into this AI one shot thing too often once the dev video explained they will shoot at your last known position, so not to stand in one place and try take out the whole area. Still also not convinced that a lot of deaths people experience of this ilk aren't either just run of the mill desync, or another enemy has snuck up closer to you and wasted you from out of your FOV.

A bit on that second point - definitely needs some work in identifying enemy positions, especially when they decide to camp in a bush. We were pushing the UNLRA tent the other night and each of us got wasted by a bush - There's no sound, presumably because they're not moving, and no visual cue - you're just pushing across a bit of ground and then you get lit up. Even with headphones IRL and headsets in game, enemy audio cues feel lacking in general.

Back
Top Bottom