Logitech G923 owners club

I've had one for about a month now as I can't afford the prices of direct drive ones like Fanatec. The wheel is a joy to use. A huge upgrade to my old Thrustmaster unit. It feels solid but the system to attach to the desk could be better. I found it slipping until I super glued some rubber pads to the bottom of my desk for better grip.

The design and hardware hasn't changed much from the previous models but looks nicer in black I think.
JQY9mQ9.png
Trueforce does add something over those games which don't have it. You feel the rumble of the engine and the rumble strips much better. The list of Trueforce supported games is growing.

Assetto Corsa Competizione
Dirt Rally 2
Automobilista 2
Snowrunner
Project Cars 3
Grid 2019
iRacing

They just added it to Automobilista today as well.

I've not really played any non racing games since getting it, so I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
Associate
Did you previously have the g920 or did you just go for this? I'm looking into starting out and was going to get the g920 as can use on my xbox as well, then seen this was out.
Looking for a comparison. Newer is better right?

I borrowed a friend's 920 before I ended up buying the Thurstmaster TMX. Only because it was cheap. I still have it and will keep as a backup. My current wheel feels a lot better but they are quite similar. The 923 has better electronics for the force feedback and feels pretty spot on while playing ACC. I'm even winning some races now which to me before, would have been a mad dream. In addition, I do miss the added sensation you get from Trueforce when playing a game without it.

Dirt Rally 2 got an update today which supports Trueforce.

So far we have:

Assetto Corsa Competizione
Dirt Rally 2
Automobilista 2
Snowrunner
Project Cars 3
Grid 2019
iRacing
It of course works with all other racing games I know of but they don't give the extra immersion from Trueforce.

Associate
Are you still getting on fine with the wheel? I'm ready to buy this week, I see it's down to £279 but also seen the g920 with gearstick down to £230, not sure I'd even use it.
Looking at wheels seems to be a never ending g black hole, also seen the thrustmaster t300 rs for £300 but no experience with them at all and I've used the g920 a few times to know the g923 would be good.

Associate
Finally got everything up and running, had a quick hour this morning and already knocked 2 seconds of my time at silverstone. 2.08.5 to 2.06.5 with plenty space to get more out of it as well.

Next job this afternoon is to get my laptop hooked up and some more practicing. Have you left all the settings as is for the wheel for ACC
d91jki5.jpg

Nice setup there! I'm struggling to get under 1.50 on Monza no mater how much I try. I see some people getting a 1:47.

If you have the GPU grunt, it might be worth looking to get VR for ACC. I never play it out of it now as it feels so immersive. £300 will get you a Quest 2 which looks stunning with this game.

Associate
I'm not sure what my monza best Is I'll give it a go today and let you know. I've got a 3070 so should be OK for a quest and plugged in to the tv? Making me look at more purchases :p

I'm not sure what my monza best Is I'll give it a go today and let you know. I've got a 3070 so should be OK for a quest and plugged in to the tv? Making me look at more purchases :p

3070 would be great, it's about the same as the 2080ti which is what I'm running. VR is another level and really takes you into the game. There is no way to do the VR experience justice until you experience it yourself.

I have watched his video and tried to emulate which helped me shave an extra second off the lap time. I will need to practise some more.

Associate
Well on monza I'm getting 1.54 so a bit of practicing to get anywhere near 1.50. Taking a lot of getting used to using a wheel as with the xbox controller it let's you turn and brake, the wheel you spin out straight away! Away to try hook it up to my Laptop now as only been using xbox so far. Do i need software for the true force to work?

Yes you need the Logitech G Hub installed to get force feedback and trueforce. It updates whenever needed. It does take a lot of practise to get the fastest laps. I can usually find an extra few hundreds of a second on most corners. It's just doing a lap where all corners are fast and then staying consistent as I will make up time on one corner only to lose it later. I'll have to see what I can get on Silverstone.

Associate
Just downloaded it and had a quick shot of brands hatch what a difference compared to racing on the console, feels so much better got a 1.29 straight away which was fastest I could go with the xbox controller.
Had to set the acceleration as it was set to go all the time, changed it to inverted and that's it working fine. Have you played about with any of the G hub settings?
Going to practice brands hatch for Thursday as I definitely don't have the pace for laguna seca tomorrow yet.

I've had a look but not felt the need to change any settings. I just tried Silverstone and got a 2:04.012 lap time and feel there are a couple more seconds the find there. It's about getting the right speed into and out of the corners. I use the ideal line indicator but this is not always the ideal line. Also you can push the speed a little more in some corners. I guess its all about practise.

Associate
Everything seems setup quite good out the box I think. I think I can go quicker if I get my braking points right, I seem to brake far to early. I am still a couple seconds behind you then, think I'll see what races are coming up and just stick to that track for a couple days before hand to learn it, so then I'm not falling to far behind everyone:cry:

I suggest play a single track and get as fast as you can on it. Which car are you driving? I use the Lambo Huracan and use the aggressive setup with reduced brake ducts, 0 front 1 rear or 1 and 2. I also drop the ride height to the minimum. Make sure you only have enough fuel for the laps you are doing, roughly 2 litres a minute. I pop in 44 litres for a 20 minute race.

Associate
I've been racing with the ferarri gt3 evo 2020. I haven't played with any of the settings as I don't know enough about the effects, I've left it in the normal setup but maybe less fuel might help lighten the weight as I'm aways driving full with 62L ill have to try a few laps with like 10L see if that makes any difference, I suspect that's whats meant to happen in the qualis?

Associate
Just noticed the led rev counters don't work on PC but they do on xbox, do they work on ACC with you.
Just fired up race room experience the wheel is noticeably different FFB is a lot stronger

Back
Top Bottom