Mens clothing

Soldato
I'm 38 and my dress sense is awful. I pretty much wear jeans and a t-shirt and maybe a hoodie if cold but I want to smarten myself up. I like the idea of getting a couple of suits but more "casual" suits so I don't look massively over dressed or maybe a button up shirt with some jeans or something. What do you all wear and more importantly where do you shop for your clothes?

Man of Honour
There is a fashion thread btw so for reference, but if you just want to dress a bit smarter without looking like you are on break from a middle management meeting at [generic office name here], then just take a stroll down to any factory outlet shopping centre and pick up some nice looking stuff from Ted Baker or similar.

Last edited:
Soldato
try r/malefashionadvice ;)
oh holy **** there are a lot more utter spanners out there than i thought. virtually every single person posting in that 'reddit' should be rounded up and chucked into the blender and added to fertilizer.

Q......'how does this look on me'
A...... you look like a tit. if you need the advice of strangers on what looks good on you, you have bigger problems than what to ******* wear. head first into the blender you go. society needs a reset and clean out of nonces and ponces!!!

Caporegime
I recently revamped my entire wardrobe. Never spent so much on clothes.

Ditched jeans and shirts (kept a couple. Of. Shirts and suits for weddings, funerals etc) and just gone for outdoor stuff (like rab, north face etc) and trainers.
Added a lot of bright colours.

Realised I never ever wear shirts or jeans and tired of drab dark Colours like black and navy. But often outdoors. And outdoor. Stuff is comfy too.

If you have to wear smart stuff or like it that's one thing. But I'm bored of wearing stuff to. "fit in".

Last edited:

taB

taB

Associate
Have a look at the shorts thread.

I wear outrageous shirts when I host events to hide my crippling anxiety.

Soldato
Charles Tyrwhitt
Hawes and Curtis
TM Lewin

I've made a thread about the staples (boxers, socks, t-shirts)

Now that winters on its way :cry: I don't think you can go wrong with a decent pair of dark jeans, casual shirt and jumper.

Last edited:
Suspended
I'm 38 and my dress sense is awful. I pretty much wear jeans and a t-shirt and maybe a hoodie if cold but I want to smarten myself up. I like the idea of getting a couple of suits but more "casual" suits so I don't look massively over dressed or maybe a button up shirt with some jeans or something. What do you all wear and more importantly where do you shop for your clothes?

I just go on ASOS, check out the brands I like and also what's on sale.

Soldato
from tee shirt and jeans to suits, i dont get it.

just get some nice fitted shirts, smart looking polo shirts, high quality hiking trousers can look nice and go with shirts well

Soldato
OP
from tee shirt and jeans to suits, i dont get it.

just get some nice fitted shirts, smart looking polo shirts, high quality hiking trousers can look nice and go with shirts well
I haven't really been out of the house much recently so all my clothes are slobbing around the house style. I'd like something I can feel good in.

Back
Top Bottom